K&N pods

davem06

Recently I have gotten a set of 34 mm pj's and the big K&N pods. Now I can mount them but they are against the exhaust. Does anyone know what I can do? I was thinking of some heat resistant material of some sort but would like to hear what everyone else is doing. Thanks

Dave

what kind of intakes are you using? I cant think they would touch, ive got shearers with huge filters on my 35s, and have space of both sides. It will melt them if they touch.

what kind of intakes are you using? I cant think they would touch, ive got shearers with huge filters on my 35s, and have space of both sides. It will melt them if they touch.

Im using pro design intakes. They arent like touching really hard but are real real close. They are the big filters but they arent straight they go on a band after the rubber where you clamp it.

filterpic.jpg

Try moving them back a short ways with some chrome exhaust tips. Just cut the ends off until they are like 6" long.

I heard plenty of people use the exhaust wraps. Cascade carries them. Shearers don't rub because they have that nice bend on the stingers to clear the filters.

I heard plenty of people use the exhaust wraps. Cascade carries them. Shearers don't rub because they have that nice bend on the stingers to clear the filters.

Yep...one of the reasons I loved my inframe Shearers...

Dave, just get some out of frame pipes and be done with it...LOL!! Hope you and dad can make it next week!

I bought header wrap from cascade, never used it because I sold my T5s and got Shearers...however, have heard lots of good about them.

You might be able to try angled pod filters instead of straight back...the site more level...

Good luck buddy, hope to meet up with ya next week!!

http://designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=22

this is what i use. i bought them from advance auto parts for around $14 for two. there is a steel ring at the unstitched end that has to be removed. i undid the stitching and slid the ring out. then i folded the now unstitched end and slid it on the stinger first. they will stretch easily enough to slide on. i didn't use any thing to hold them in place but if i did i would use plastic tie wraps because they won't get no where near hot enough to harm the tie wraps or the outerwears. i've had no issues at all with them harming the outerwears. i will definitely use them again if need be.

post-10984-1177004207_thumb.jpg

Yep...one of the reasons I loved my inframe Shearers...

Dave, just get some out of frame pipes and be done with it...LOL!! Hope you and dad can make it next week!

I bought header wrap from cascade, never used it because I sold my T5s and got Shearers...however, have heard lots of good about them.

You might be able to try angled pod filters instead of straight back...the site more level...

Good luck buddy, hope to meet up with ya next week!!

Ill be there Dave, We booked our hotel in Hart so we will both be there on Sat. morning and Sunday. I just hope I can get it tuned in by then. Im using that heat wrap stuff so the problem is solved I guess until I ride it and if it doesnt work then ill have to use the other methods you guys shared with me. Thanks for the help guys,

Dave