lock up pics needed please anyone?......

hi there,i want to make my own lock up clutch,but im not exactly sure how they r workin,what i need is a couple of real close up pics and maybe some measurements,thickness and type of materials.id be real greatfull if someone would take the time to help me,thankyou. :thanks:

Honestly you would probably be better off to contact direct drive and buy the kit.

new_cvr_035-250x175.jpg

new_cvr_017-250x166.jpg

http://www.directdrivecnc.net/products.html

I agree with him. You can get there new one piece covers and a lock out for 334 and polished for another 49 bucks. That seems like a steal to me.

yeh i know id just as well buy one but,i gotta work awhole week to afford that, im a bit sick of ordering stuff from the states to find that its damaged/badly made/overpriced or never turns up at all and to be honest im skint,if i can get dimentions then i will have a lot of satisfaction in making my own,"improvise adapt and overcome" why buy what i can make? so any help u guys can give me would be much appreciated.thankyou.

Here is a pic of mine... To the guy that asked... the point of a locker is so high HP bikes dont just smoke the clutch, you get power through the clutch to the ground.

Banshee2007095.jpg

the cover is the expensive part! check out ebay, there is a guy that is selling the ring and the outer cover so you can mod your own. I think is all so comes with the lock up.

Majicmike is that guy and you can PM him here on HQ. Great guy to deal with, I would highly suggest getting the locker and cover from him. Easy and wont be too expensive!

shit hot m8,thankyou and everyone else very much,have u got a real close up of the moving parts and how its fixed to the clutch? have the weights a progressive "sliding" edge or "staged" if ya know wat i mean? are they comp round or do they put even more pressure at high rpm,bit like a scooter 2 speed variator,dont know if im explainin gud enough? :huh::huh:

I would seriously buy one. It is going to be a hard thing to make if youve never seen one before. I would mess it up for sure.

If you have access to a CNC machine, I have a program and CAD models to make the lock up parts themselves for several types mills and controls. The cove modification is most cost effective do to with parts from Direct Drive assuming your time is worth more than $15 an hour. :geek:

shit hot m8,thankyou and everyone else very much,have u got a real close up of the moving parts and how its fixed to the clutch? have the weights a progressive "sliding" edge or "staged" if ya know wat i mean? are they comp round or do they put even more pressure at high rpm,bit like a scooter 2 speed variator,dont know if im explainin gud enough? :huh::huh:

So...

You'd just rather steal measurements off a patented design?

Nice...

Get the lockup from majicmike as said, and he sells an insert that you can modify your own clutch cover...

The cover is the expensive part, not the actual lockup plate itself....

So...

You'd just rather steal measurements off a patented design?

Nice...

not at all,anyway u think that the lockup was invented for the banshee?? aint no patent on it.all i needed was close up pics to see exactly how it was workin.stop bein so mardy :down: lol.

Good point....

I'm sure any machinist could make a duplicate pretty easily just by looking at it...without any technical measurement or not...

Everyone here is telling you to just buy one, but...hey, what do we all know???

:shrug: