Decision Time

Hey guys,

I am really torn on a quad decision. I do not know whether to keep my Banshee or get a new Raptor 700. I primarily ride trails and do some play racing with my buddy who also has a Banshee at a small track that we built by my house.

I really like the Banshee, but right now the handling is killing me. Let me say I have stock shocks all around and I have the lame stock front tires :down: . I figure either way this is going to cost me some money so do I invest in some handling mods for the shee (-1 swinger, revalved rear shock, new front shocks, and tires) or do I go and pick up a new Rappy SE get some guards and call it a day. I figure the swinger would help in the traction department and with the new shocks I could probably lower the ride height and control body roll better in the turns. I really want to try to keep the narrower stance if possible, but then again +2s would put me at the same width as a stock Raptor 700. I mean I know that Modding the Shee is the cheaper route and I love the motor! Will the above mods put me on par or slightly better than a stock SE Rappy?

Sorry for the longish post, and thanks for the input.

Jeff

Theres too much electronically that can go wrong with the raptors. A banshee is just about as simple as a performance motor can get. With a new front suspension kit it will do a WORLD of difference for handling. Someone on here can get 2+1 arms and elkas for around 600.

Put the money into the Banshee. Stock suspension does really suck. I remember my arms rattleling all around but no more. That's why we have many options to upgrade. I spent about $700 on Shocks-A Arms-Axle & now take on any terrain no problem. Rear shock is still stock but will eventuall send all shocks to TCS for revalves. I rode this Raptor, has lots of power & the suspension is as smooth is my Banshee.

GormanTrails060.jpg

if you love the banshee motor than dont sell it

get elkas and 2+1 a-arms and a +2 axle new tires and maybe rims too

ESPECIALLY if its just play racing

i say the banshee is good for everything unless you want to get REALLY series in MX

thats when you would get a new 450

personaly i hate raptors they seem high and heavy but thats just the 660 i havnt riden a 700 yet

DUDE KEEP THE SHEE