help with 4mm RZ350 engine

Starting to put together this 4mm long rod RZ350 powervalve motor and was wondering if anyone has done this before?, is there anything to watchout for?, anything different from the Banshee 4mm install?

I will be using a hotrods crank, 795 series wiseco's and a machined cyl. head.

Also dose anyone know how to index the powervalves?

Starting to put together this 4mm long rod RZ350 powervalve motor and was wondering if anyone has done this before?, is there anything to watchout for?, anything different from the Banshee 4mm install?

I will be using a hotrods crank, 795 series wiseco's and a machined cyl. head.

Also dose anyone know how to index the powervalves?

I have been running a yamaha YPVS 4mm conversion for two years now and it is a great set up for sure, most of the bottom end is the same as banshee and so the crank slots right in, make sure you shim the barrels up correct to get your squish clearance correct and you will have a reliable and fast pwrvalve motor. I run a 2mm base spacer with stock head machining. what do you mean by indexing the powervalves? personally i have never played with the standard settings.

I have been running a yamaha YPVS 4mm conversion for two years now and it is a great set up for sure, most of the bottom end is the same as banshee and so the crank slots right in, make sure you shim the barrels up correct to get your squish clearance correct and you will have a reliable and fast pwrvalve motor. I run a 2mm base spacer with stock head machining. what do you mean by indexing the powervalves? personally i have never played with the standard settings.

i think he's wanting to know how to set the valves to their "home" position...which i'd like to know as well.

sorry i can't help on the 4mm but i do have a question.....adding the spacer, along with the extra stroke, doesn't that mess up the port timings?

Thanx bansheeman11, now I'm a litle more excited to get it together :cool: , I figured everything would be cool, just wanted to be sure there wasn't something stupid I may overlook, I'm gonna have my cylinder head machined for the correct squish, and I'm tryin to figure out out to set these powervalves back up to "home position", when I do matt96shee, you'll be the first to know :thumbsup:

Matt, is that a boxer in your avatar?

yep, that's a boxer...his name is Hemi. i have 2, the other is his sister named Bella. Best dogs ever!

on the RZ, I'm using a battery eliminator too...i don't think you can just hook a batter up in its place can you? thinking about it though, the stator is set up for a battery, not like a banshee where you have to float the 3rd leg. guess i'll get a battery and try it out too.

yeah, the eliminator just takes the place of the battery, so I can't see it being a problem, just make sure to use a motorcycle battery :blush:

Yes indeed, Boxers are the greatest dogs ever, I have a 3 yr old male Lewis, they have such an awsome temperment and are EXCELLENT around children of all ages!

Just courious what kind of power is the 4 mill going to give? Will it help out the bottom end and midrange and not lose any of the top? I currently have and rz powered banshee and was thinking about the 4 mill crank to get installed. I also just bought a power valve controller and igniton system that is fully programable. here is the link if you guys are interested in it.

http://www.zeeltronic.com/

Have not tried it yet, hopefully get it on the dyno next week and get it set up. Seems to look like good quality stuff.

hi cbn, i looked at that guy's setup and i'd like to go with it in the future OR the one from RDDreams. i figure i'll run the stock rz cdi for now though...i just wanna get this thing running!!

Just courious what kind of power is the 4 mill going to give? Will it help out the bottom end and midrange and not lose any of the top? I currently have and rz powered banshee and was thinking about the 4 mill crank to get installed. I also just bought a power valve controller and igniton system that is fully programable. here is the link if you guys are interested in it.

Have not tried it yet, hopefully get it on the dyno next week and get it set up. Seems to look like good quality stuff.

Cool I haven't seen those yet, first aftermarket source for PV controllers I've come across so far.

How much longer until she's back together Ray???

Cool I haven't seen those yet, first aftermarket source for PV controllers I've come across so far.

How much longer until she's back together Ray???

Ben!!!! Hey buddy, damn havn't talked to you in a long while...need your addy again, got these tank graphics for ya (kinda forgot) :cool:

I've read about the zeeltronic kits on the rz forums, look sick.

Hope to have the bike alll back together by mid may, picked up a set of rockets from Parker, so if anybody wants a set og FMF's fit with the RZ flanges, I'll let them go for next to free :happy:

I'll post pics soon enough!