!HELP! Tweeked A Needle

As previously mentioned I am putting new T5's on my SHEE today. While rejetting I dropped a slide and needle assembly tweeking the new needle. It is a dyno jet kit that comes with the T5 pipes. Can the stock needles be used or do I need to, and would it be best to wait until I Can get another needle from toomey or Dyno Jet Corp.?

Many Thanks

As previously mentioned I am putting new T5's on my SHEE today. While rejetting I dropped a slide and needle assembly tweeking the new needle. It is a dyno jet kit that comes with the T5 pipes. Can the stock needles be used or do I need to, and would it be best to wait until I Can get another needle from toomey or Dyno Jet Corp.?

Many Thanks

I would honestly wait. How bad is the needle? If it's not "super-tweaked" I would straighten it as best as possible and ride on it rather than stock needles. Just make sure it doesn't get stuck WOT, and only ride as little as possible or until the new needles comes in. ~Cap1

you can use a stock needle. the taper is shorter and may effect your mid range a little, but it will work till you get a replacement. I rode mine on stockers till I did more crap and had to take the carb apart anyways. Ran slightly rich, but worked.

toomies jets are dynojet needles. which fit mikuni mains because the main are the same as mikunis. the taper they give you is for those pipes. Im not saying just use stock ones,. you need to order the right ones,. just you can use stock ones until you get the right ones if need be.

Well my raptor carbs take the mikuni small round style mikuni jets. My dynojets are the same shape and size. Only they say DJ and then 150. Dynojet 150 size. Do the dynojets have that mikuni symbole on them? You know the box in the corner of the box?

josh

Use the stock needles in both carbs if you're in a pinch until you can get the replacements from Toomey or DynoJet.

Plenty of people use stock needles with Toomey pipes and airboxes or pods.

They do richen up the middle a little, but...you could practically do that with bumping the clip one.

Obviously Capone has never rode with a bent needle...be cause I'd rather richen up the stock needles than try to ride with a bent one and risk the throttle sticking wide open....

Thanks to all. I decided to wait until i could get another ordered in. Hopefully I can order just the needles from Toomey or Dyno Jet Co. Does anyone know any other place they might be found? Other than that the installation went great. Also have a question for WOT test, can you do it with the bike on a stand or do you need the resistance of the ground to the drive train of the bike to get an accurate reading. Where I ride there are not any spaces I can think I would have enough distance to get WIDE OPEN in 6th gear before cutting engine. But if I could hang the ass end in the air from a forklift or stand maybe even apply a little light pressure to the rear brake to increase resistance on the drive train....... Let me know.......

Thanks to all

Thanks to all. I decided to wait until i could get another ordered in. Hopefully I can order just the needles from Toomey or Dyno Jet Co. Does anyone know any other place they might be found? Other than that the installation went great. Also have a question for WOT test, can you do it with the bike on a stand or do you need the resistance of the ground to the drive train of the bike to get an accurate reading. Where I ride there are not any spaces I can think I would have enough distance to get WIDE OPEN in 6th gear before cutting engine. But if I could hang the ass end in the air from a forklift or stand maybe even apply a little light pressure to the rear brake to increase resistance on the drive train....... Let me know.......

Thanks to all

It needs the load to be accurate...