Lost Use of Clutch Lever

robeport

Just replaced the clutch and had everything adjusted nice and working well. Took it out for a couple rides and everything was fine. Then the last ride I was grabbing gears and all of a sudden the clutch lever went limp. I was still able to shift by cramming it into gear and rode it back to camp. The arm that the cable attaches on top of the case has no tension to it now (only from the spring). I haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but was wondering if anybody might have an idea on what happened?

Just replaced the clutch and had everything adjusted nice and working well. Took it out for a couple rides and everything was fine. Then the last ride I was grabbing gears and all of a sudden the clutch lever went limp. I was still able to shift by cramming it into gear and rode it back to camp. The arm that the cable attaches on top of the case has no tension to it now (only from the spring). I haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but was wondering if anybody might have an idea on what happened?

more than likley welded the push rod to the ball, or you lost the nut on the adjuster and everything went loose. if you lost the nut its floating around in your oil somewhere.better find it!!!

more than likley welded the push rod to the ball, or you lost the nut on the adjuster and everything went loose. if you lost the nut its floating around in your oil somewhere.better find it!!!

He may not have welded the clutch ball, but that is definitely the area where the problem is. If you don't do a real good job locking down the jam nut on the clutch hat adjuster, the hut will back off and thus allow the friction from the clutch ball to unscrew the clutch hat adjuster. That happened to me approximately 12 different times on my first Banshee. That was also before I discovered Loc-tite. :geek:

Yup, you lost a nut. I did this out in the dunes once. Had to tip the shee on its left side and pull the clutch cover to recover the nut and save the oil for the ride back to camp.

Ditto for me but i got a tow back from OLDS behind a sandrail. I was sandblasted when i got back to camp.