alloyboltz

theshee

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kims and mine are both made of 7075-t6 same as drag axles he has had no failures nor have I.

Have you or him had any fatigue issues or deforming? I had a pretty good safety factor in there when I was doing the math. How much do you want for a bolt setup?

For you guys that don't want to spend a ton for polished bolts nor spend the time, just get one of those vibratory shell case tumblers or borrow one from your buddy. They work awesome.

Good idea. I have done that before. I am jealous that you mentioned that and not me as it's such a great idea. Cabela's probably has the best value tumbler out there. My Midway unit isn't too shabby either, but it was a bit spendy as I recall. I misss my giant vibratory tumbler from TRD. I could've put three Geo Metros in there if I wanted to. I think it may still be polishing a few pens that dropped in there after falling from behind my ear. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but I wouldnt buy from fastnerguy. Why? Those bolts and nuts are stainless steel which is just about the same strength as grade 2 steel. Steel has grade ratings 2, 5, 8, 10.9. Grade 8 is used for automotive uses and 10.9 is very strong. Unless youre using stainless steel for the plastics, electrics...etc. than thats ok. But dont even think about using it for the foot pegs, shocks, engine mounts...etc.

Some of you are saying Alloyboltz suck. They use stainless steel also. Buy from the Ebay member seaduke and oldz442. They both use 10.9 steel. Not stainless steel. If you want to go all out, use titanium, but its pricey. Racebolts.com has some kits.

I have also looked into making my own kit. But its really hard to find the right bolts and nuts. Even metric is hard to find, but when you do find it....it needs to have the right thread pitch. Plus, its really time consuming. I ended buying from seaduke, so I can let you know how those kits are.

Sorry, but I wouldnt buy from fastnerguy. Why? Those bolts and nuts are stainless steel which is just about the same strength as grade 2 steel. Steel has grade ratings 2, 5, 8, 10.9. Grade 8 is used for automotive uses and 10.9 is very strong. Unless youre using stainless steel for the plastics, electrics...etc. than thats ok. But dont even think about using it for the foot pegs, shocks, engine mounts...etc.

Some of you are saying Alloyboltz suck. They use stainless steel also. Buy from the Ebay member seaduke and oldz442. They both use 10.9 steel. Not stainless steel. If you want to go all out, use titanium, but its pricey. Racebolts.com has some kits.

I have also looked into making my own kit. But its really hard to find the right bolts and nuts. Even metric is hard to find, but when you do find it....it needs to have the right thread pitch. Plus, its really time consuming. I ended buying from seaduke, so I can let you know how those kits are.

Other than knowing than knowing the grading nomenclature, you have no idea what what you are talking about. :shoothead:

Let me make a correction. Metric steel bolts are 8.8 and 10.9. Even A-2 stainless steel bolts are weaker than 10.9 steel. Do the ebay sellers that sell the stainless steel bolts even say what grade they use?

Please see my previous post. It appears that you may actually be getting dumber. :ermm:

Have you or him had any fatigue issues or deforming? I had a pretty good safety factor in there when I was doing the math. How much do you want for a bolt setup?

no none but really do not sell them you can get them from kim. Not trying to be a jerk its just something my hands are tied on :thumbsup: it would be/cuase trouble.

no none but really do not sell them you can get them from kim. Not trying to be a jerk its just something my hands are tied on :thumbsup: it would be/cuase trouble.

I understand, I wouldn't sell them either. I think Shark Racing on eBay sells them, but I would really like to trust the people I am buying the bolt from (or atleast try to get a material spec. from them). :confused:

Please see my previous post. It appears that you may actually be getting dumber. :ermm:

What previous post? I read the whole thread. :rolleyes: I know what im talking about or I wouldnt even post. Like I said before stainless steel is weaker than queched and tempered medium carbon steel. Stainless steel has a weaker minium yield strength and tensile strength.

Go ahead and use stainless steel. Its not my quad to worry about.

Made real good progress on my bike today, used all the stainless bolts for the motor, front supsension, rear upper bolt (running a linkless rear, so...the rear lower shock bolt in the kit doesn't fit)

I got a ton of "Little" things to do...but, everything has worked out very, very well so far.

I"ll have some updated pics in my 10 mil cub build forum for you boys....

Made real good progress on my bike today, used all the stainless bolts for the motor, front supsension, rear upper bolt (running a linkless rear, so...the rear lower shock bolt in the kit doesn't fit)

I got a ton of "Little" things to do...but, everything has worked out very, very well so far.

I"ll have some updated pics in my 10 mil cub build forum for you boys....

Let me know how you like the linkless setup.

My personal goal is to have a second generation triple in my new frame before Bansh-eman gets his bike back together. :laugh:

What previous post? I read the whole thread. :rolleyes: I know what im talking about or I wouldnt even post. Like I said before stainless steel is weaker than queched and tempered medium carbon steel. Stainless steel has a weaker minium yield strength and tensile strength.

Go ahead and use stainless steel. Its not my quad to worry about.

That's just terrible.............................I am not sure if you are speaking in material generality or you just have no idea what you're talking about. I am not trying to be an ass (though I usually am), but I seriously cannot understand why your are posting what you are. You have to have some wires crossed in your undertanding of the topic somewhere, but I can't see where it is specifically. :confused:

Let me know how you like the linkless setup.

My personal goal is to have a second generation triple in my new frame before Bansh-eman gets his bike back together. :laugh:

lol well that shouldnt be too hard to make happen... i got a kid on the way and i still got to chroe all my shit and get my plastics done... so im not going to be ready until after the summer more then likely