alloyboltz

theshee

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bolts stretch and break when the threads stop spinning and you keep turning the head.

Sure this is true, but if the male and female thread forms and tolerances match you will absolutely never have a problem with the fasteners if you stay within a reasonable torque range for the size, grade, and thread form of the fastener. Anitseize is primarily used in applications where heat cycling exists or that the fastener is in an extremely corrosive environment.

I suppose all that I just wrote is the long way of saying that I disagree with you. :thumbsup:

Antiseize is a diverse lubricant/protectant. It has a variety of uses and applications. I work for GM and we put the stuff on everything from turbo and exhaust manifold bolts and studs, to head bolts on assembly. This is the manufacturers claim on the stuff.

Features and Benefits:

Antiseize is a diverse lubricant/protectant. It has a variety of uses and applications. I work for GM and we put the stuff on everything from turbo and exhaust manifold bolts and studs, to head bolts on assembly. This is the manufacturers claim on the stuff.

Features and Benefits:

They must have changed their supplier after Russ died, they had to. I've bought 3 kits over the last 3 yrs. 2 from Russ, one for my truck and one for the shee and one from fastnerguy for the shee. I don't like fasnerguys because they weren't polished to my satisfaction so I replaced all of them with Alloyboltz kit. Never had a problem with strength on any bolts from either company. I've had them several years so some of them have been on and off a few times. All of my case bolts were all torque'd to spec as well though. I just cannot see someone twisting one of thhose bolts before they strip some internal threads. I cross threaded one in my tail light and ended up having to cut if off cause the thing was so hard. I did get the bolt to twist a little but the torque I applied was pretty major for a small bolt like that. I was actually surprised of their strength.

Another thing, I talked to Russ several times on the phone, he was a talker for sure. He always mentioned that every bolt his kit replaced was stronger than the factory grade bolts. I assume if they weren't, this could be a great liability issue. Anyway that's my 2 pennies.

They must have changed their supplier after Russ died, they had to. I've bought 3 kits over the last 3 yrs. 2 from Russ, one for my truck and one for the shee and one from fastnerguy for the shee. I don't like fasnerguys because they weren't polished to my satisfaction so I replaced all of them with Alloyboltz kit. Never had a problem with strength on any bolts from either company. I've had them several years so some of them have been on and off a few times. All of my case bolts were all torque'd to spec as well though. I just cannot see someone twisting one of thhose bolts before they strip some internal threads. I cross threaded one in my tail light and ended up having to cut if off cause the thing was so hard. I did get the bolt to twist a little but the torque I applied was pretty major for a small bolt like that. I was actually surprised of their strength.

Another thing, I talked to Russ several times on the phone, he was a talker for sure. He always mentioned that every bolt his kit replaced was stronger than the factory grade bolts. I assume if they weren't, this could be a great liability issue. Anyway that's my 2 pennies.

Is the assumption correct that all of the problems with Alloyboltz have been after Russ passed away? :ermm:

Is the assumption correct that all of the problems with Alloyboltz have been after Russ passed away? :ermm:

I never heard any of the sort prior to his death. I know there were many many kits sold here to members and I've yet to ever hear of a complaint till just recently like a few months ago.

I never heard any of the sort prior to his death. I know there were many many kits sold here to members and I've yet to ever hear of a complaint till just recently like a few months ago.

Weird. I am not sure if I should venture the cash in trying out a kit from the new Alloyboltz guy? :confused:

Weird. I am not sure if I should venture the cash in trying out a kit from the new Alloyboltz guy? :confused:

i dont think id bother ... i havent heard much good from the new owner.... everything good was when russ was running it... the last 6 months or so its mostly negitive feedbck iv heard.

and like brad said i got fastenerguy kit and wasnt too happy with the polished set casue its wasnt very polished... the bolts dont look cheap just wasnt to pleased with the lack of polish they had for the price...

Edited by Bansh-eman

i dont think id bother ... i havent heard much good from the new owner.... everything good was when russ was running it... the last 6 months or so its mostly negitive feedbck iv heard.

and like brad said i got fastenerguy kit and wasnt too happy with the polished set casue its wasnt very polished... the bolts dont look cheap just wasnt to pleased with the lack of polish they had for the price...

Hmmmm. I may have to check out this fastenerguy then. Like I said before, I am not really all that concerned with how polished the bolts are. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

the fasternguys look good... they dont look ike the china shit... only compiant i had was i was under the impression that they would be more shiney... i havent started putting my bike back together yet though so i cant say 100% that they are good or not... u might ask dave and see how his went....

the fasternguys look good... they dont look ike the china shit... only compiant i had was i was under the impression that they would be more shiney... i havent started putting my bike back together yet though so i cant say 100% that they are good or not... u might ask dave and see how his went....

I think Dace said that they were alright. When do you plan to start throwing your bike back together (so you can tell me if the bolts are any good)? I haven't for got about your pipe hangers, I will get the design done this weekend. Let me know what you want me to PayPal you for shipping on the carbs. :thumbsup:

I think Dace said that they were alright. When do you plan to start throwing your bike back together (so you can tell me if the bolts are any good)? I haven't for got about your pipe hangers, I will get the design done this weekend. Let me know what you want me to PayPal you for shipping on the carbs. :thumbsup:

it will be awhile for the bike to come back together... im waiting on my motor to get back so can do some clearance issues before i send my parts to chrome.. then im having my plastics redone and my seat too...it will be awhile...

ill send u a pm about the carb parts

it will be awhile for the bike to come back together... im waiting on my motor to get back so can do some clearance issues before i send my parts to chrome.. then im having my plastics redone and my seat too...it will be awhile...

ill send u a pm about the carb parts

I returned the PM.

Are you having Mike's guy do the vinyl? Is he doing the design as well? How much is that going to cost? I think I am going to go that direction with my triple bodywork and I probably need to get that ball rolling. :beer: