alloyboltz

theshee

I have already expressed how much I disliked the kit I got from alloyboltz, but i must say that the kits truely suck ass. The engine case bolts wouldnt torque and caused me to have to split the engine cases again because it made a leak and the yamaha bond didnt seal because the fucking bolts wouldnt stay tight. DO NOT buy an alloyboltz kit, they blow!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got my kit from fastenerguy... i wasnt to pleased with the "polish" or lack there of.. i was expecting them to look better then they do... but i have to give it to the guy the bolts looks good they dont look like the shity china made bolts most ppl try and sell... i guess i will see how well they hold up here in a few weeks when i get all my shit back from pc and chrome...i got some anti seize so i should be ok...

i got my kit from fastenerguy... i wasnt to pleased with the "polish" or lack there of.. i was expecting them to look better then they do... but i have to give it to the guy the bolts looks good they dont look like the shity china made bolts most ppl try and sell... i guess i will see how well they hold up here in a few weeks when i get all my shit back from pc and chrome...i got some anti seize so i should be ok...

I will be interested in how your fasteners respond when you start using them. I am hoping they work great, not only for your sake, but because I am pretty sure I don't want to do a fastener scavenger hunt (it's not worth my time these days (I am getting old, I can remember when my time was worth $15/hour, then fastener searches were worth my time)), so I would like to buy a kit. Luckily for me, I don't care how shiney they are as long as they don't rust or break off.

I actually had an interesting conversation with John Hudd (I suspect most folks don't know the name. If you care ask me and I'll explain.) today while I was at work doing some frantic machine work on my triple. Somehow the conversation shifted towards plating and chroming. He started telling me a story about the AARP company and how they had been testing competitors products and they were finding alot of the Asian import fasteners that were chromed had not gone through a a final heat process to remove hydrogen embrittlement, thus they were finding that they broke, stretched, stripped, and had the fastener heads pop off without warning well after they had been installed. I am not sure if anyone finds that information interesting or useful, but by now it should be clear that I like to tell stories about racing stuff. :geek:

My bro just ordered a fastnerguy kit, I will let you know how it works. I would just use OEM bolts on the engine, too risky and a major pain when you have to split the cases because of bolts and nuts that wont torque right.

I have been putting 2 bikes together with the kits, and I have a 3rd kit for my lt500. No problems, as long as you follow there recommendations, they work fine.

Follow their recommendations?!?! Does that mean the fucking case bolts cant handle 20 foot lbs? You can ask majicmike, alloyboltz kits are shit.

Thanks for the heads up on these kits. I will probably just go to Tacoma Screw and buy them there after hearing all the horror stories. I do live in Tacoma you know. :cool:

I am pretty good friends with a couple folks that work at the Tacoma Screw in Tacoma. If you need anything special or to be less expenmsive, I might be able to help you out.

My biggest problem is that I never made a complete list of fastners for a Banshee. If I got that done I am pretty sure I could get atleast a few of each fastener made out of whatever I want for free. :banghead:

Follow their recommendations?!?! Does that mean the fucking case bolts cant handle 20 foot lbs? You can ask majicmike, alloyboltz kits are shit.

I was going to ask what that guy meant and who made the bolt kit he was talking about. Then I thought to myself, "wait a minute, since when do normal fasteners require special instructions?" :shoothead:

Yeah. I would like to get all of the bolts replaced some day. They sell a kit at Tacoma Screw that comes witha large variety of nuts, bolts, and washers. We bought it and used it for a show car a few years ago, but stainless steel down there is not cheap. I will let you know if I am going to head over there though. Thanks

Yeah. I would like to get all of the bolts replaced some day. They sell a kit at Tacoma Screw that comes witha large variety of nuts, bolts, and washers. We bought it and used it for a show car a few years ago, but stainless steel down there is not cheap. I will let you know if I am going to head over there though. Thanks

None of the fasteners are cheap when you buy them individually. If some one put together a a list of fasteners required for a complete Banshee, I will see if can get you most of them for cheap or free. :thumbsup:

There is a piece of paper right in the kit that tells you to make sure all thread surfaces are clean and free of debris. Then it goes on and tells you to use anti seize on the bolt and nut threads in the kit. Did you guys just open the box and throw the little white piece of paper away? :whistling:

There is a piece of paper right in the kit that tells you to make sure all thread surfaces are clean and free of debris. Then it goes on and tells you to use anti seize on the bolt and nut threads in the kit. Did you guys just open the box and throw the little white piece of paper away? :whistling:

That had nothing to do with the problem with the kit. The bolts are made of shitty metal, they wont torque, they stretch and will not hold a torque. The bolt was clean too, I just spilt the cases and was re assembling a cleaned part. Fact is, the kits suck ass, and anybody who is looking for bolts needs to look elsewhere.

I haven't heard any problems with the Alloy bolt kits that would have been solved by any of the stuff on your piece of paper. :confused: