equipment.

husky

What all do I need to race tt. Im talking safetyu wise, tether, nerfs etc. Thanks for the info.

you will need....teather,nerfs,full riding gear(boots,pants,jersey,helmet,goggles,gloves and a chest protector)

and also i suggest using saftey wire on your grips....had bad issue with grip slip last year untill i started using saftey wire.

as far as the bike goes get it as low as possible,and as wide as possible,get a good set of hoosier or american racer tires all around.

and track depending, an anti-sway bar.

and take this from experiance.... i know it looks gay but tuck your jersey in to your race pants.....helps a lil with road rash if you do happen to go down.....

Dan

you will need....teather,nerfs,full riding gear(boots,pants,jersey,helmet,goggles,gloves and a chest protector)

and also i suggest using saftey wire on your grips....had bad issue with grip slip last year untill i started using saftey wire.

as far as the bike goes get it as low as possible,and as wide as possible,get a good set of hoosier or american racer tires all around.

and track depending, an anti-sway bar.

and take this from experiance.... i know it looks gay but tuck your jersey in to your race pants.....helps a lil with road rash if you do happen to go down.....

Dan

Thanks, very helpful...I was mainly curious about the chest protector.

• 10 months later...

hey buddy if you still thinking of doing flat track i would suggest going with body armor instead of one of thoes small plastic chest protectors. i have the 661 and i dont feel save with out it on the track at thoes speeds

• 2 months later...
hey buddy if you still thinking of doing flat track i would suggest going with body armor instead of one of thoes small plastic chest protectors. i have the 661 and i dont feel save with out it on the track at thoes speeds
no joke we had a guy who fell off going down the straight and he bruised the crap out of the inside of his body. layed him up a long time. i made a lowering bar for the back out of aluminum stock, and a set of lowering brackets for the front my first time. had about 20.00 in the whole thing. the only problem is moving the front shocks out from the stock mounts changes the leverage so this is just something you want to do until you get the right length shocks up front. get a sway bar even an old one, even if its for another machine and make it fit. play around adjusting it till you get it where you like. invest in a set of flat track tires. check at your local dirt circle track i used to get a bigger right rear from the mini sprint guys. play around with stagger and air pressures. have fun and be safe........