Installing Clutch kit

hey im new here, would like to say hi to everyone first.

i just found the sight while looking at banshees on the internet.

wondering if anyone could give me a little "walk through", this will be my first time installing clutch plates

i got the Tusk clutch kit from rockymountain, with the HD springs and new gasket.

would anyone wana help me out, like things to make sure i do, ect.

any help is greatly appreciated,

nice sight by the way, cant wait to look around, im gona go explore now, ill check back in a bit, thanks

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Its not hard at all but will take a while. You will need tools of course.:-) Your going to have to remove a few things before you can get the cover off. They will be obvious when you start. Those heavy duty springs are going to make pulling the clutch a lot harder. If your not all ported and makining over 60 hp, you dont need that much spring. I run 3 heavy springs and 3 stock springs and my clutch is harder than I would like it. Just make sure you stagger them. Where your clutch cable hooks up to the case of the motor under the carb is a little triangle thingy cast into the motor. You have to line up the triangles when adjusting after free play is pulled out. Just pull the clutch linkage till the play is gone to check alinment then adjust then check again till its right. The way you make this adjustment is the nut and bolt thingy that is sticking out of the midlle of your pressure plate. You loosen the nut adjust the bolt and retighten the nut. You will see what I'm talking about when your in there. The cover gasket can be reused if carefully removed. A thin scraper works good and seperate it frome the motor side. If you tear it replace it. Be very patient and remember the location of all the parts when removing. Check your clutch basket for grooves where the clutches make contact to it and the center hub. If it is grooved you will want to replace it with a billet one. Also grab the big gear that is attached to the back of basket and hold it and try to turn the basket both ways. There should be no play. If ther is just a little you can use it but just alittle. I would just put a billet basket in there while you got it apart. You can get 1 for 180.00 but you will have to have a mechanic seperate your gear from the old basket. Same goes for the hub. If it is grooved where the clutch steels make contact you should replace it.