421 cub gearing

r/atvshee

I need help with gearing for 300ft drags give or take.

My mods are 421 cub drag ported, 35pwks, cpi inframes sb.

Its not a groomed track its more like a duney type of sand.

I tried a search but i didnt find what i was looking for, right now im running 14/40.

But for the hills im running 14/46. would something like 15-16/46 be good for drags? or

should i stick with 14/40?

Thanks

depending the sand but out of 1st with 421 cub 16-41 should be fesable.(spelling)

I ran stock gearing on my 4 mil, launched in second....worked great....stock tranny no lockup.

However, my new bike will be 1-5, and I'm taking advantage of 1st gear too.

It should launch in 1st gear with 16-41 gearing as wes said...no problem.

At our last race in Fl. , I ran a 14/41, Leaving in first ( sand wouldnt allow me to leave in second) with ten paddle rippers. I took first in the two classes I entered in.

But, I am switching gearing for the next race, Along with some changes to the bike as well. Keep in mind I weigh 240 lbs. in a drag chassis +14 front, +11 rear. Good luck, this can be a real Biotch getting it right, But sprockets arent too expensive

post-19339-1173907900_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you can test at the track with the clock that would be the best. Bigger front sprockets are suppossed to be better. Bring lots of sprockets and let the clock tell you what to run. So many variables. Just find what your motor likes. Different motor builders make different power so just saying drag port and tires sizes will only get you in the ballpark. Chasis, body weight, tire rollout, and I'm sure many other variables are gonna force you to just try differnt ratios untill you get one you like.