k&n powerlid with k&n cone filter

recieved my well awaited k&n powerlid today and the install is kinda bitchy cuz you have to sand the sides down on the lid then clean them then attach velcro then squeeeeeeeeeezeeeeee the pre charger on but its nothard just time consuming, i also cleaned and re-oiled my k&n filter, figured while i had it apart might as well clean her up a tad, got it all back in, also cleaned my air box, and man could i tell a difference, i let her warm up to mns 60 degree weather and had the seat off hit the throttle and the pre charger got sucked down, alot more air flow and she pulls even harder now, definetly alot more throttle response. and o yea yesterday, i was riding with a buddy that just picked up a cleean craptor 660r with low hours and exhaust and lets just say fifth on my shee walked away from him pinned and i was just toying with him in fifth, he would catch up and i would tap the throttle off and on and it was funny haha. i suggest the powerlid with k&n filter combo very much, even comes with new jets, got mine off ebay for 45.

I put the powerlid on to and I could see a big differance in throttle responce but know I had to put bigger carbs on because I stroked it the reed spacers make it harder to work on I 'm going to pods just got to watch the mud holes :shoothead:

haha i know i know i cannot complain what so ever throttle response is just that much better and yes u need to watch the mud holes haha not mainly made for anything but dust and clean air. and no the powerlid will not restrict air, hell its gunna give you alot better of a flow, i would switch out from that foam to a k&n filter and add the powerlid then re-jet bcuz ull be getting alot more air and k&ns are pretty indestructable if u buy the recharge kit for like 9 or 10 dollars instead of switching out you dumb foam ones for new ones, the shee is loving it.

Those look pretty cool but it could mean twice as much filter cleaning. The lid might keep the other filter from getting dirty though. Anyone notice if that is the case?

you know how K&N claims to work better the dirtier it gets... I dont believe that to the full extent, but I havent cleaned my filter since summer 06!! Still runnin strong and clean as hell on the inside. Im also running an outerwear.

I bet that powerlid will allow you to clean your cone filter hardly ever, i mean whats guna get in there, past the lid??

yea i know what you mean, if dirt for such a long period of time cannot get thru just a k&n cone then how is it going to get thru the 2 filters on the lid and the original filter lol, and yes my k&n was dirty on outside but inside was like new, just not oiled, decided to clean it and it looked better than new, sooo fresh haha powerlid is def worth it in my opinion