Ford Ranger Baja Pre Runner Kits?

I got a 94 4.0 Ranger 2wd with a full baja fiberglass kit and bumpers, I am now looking for suspension but I do not plan to race this or jump it extremely, more for cruising around at the dunes and a daily driver. The only kits I have found are camberg but they run close to $2,000.

Anything a little cheaper out there??

try www.rangerpowersports.com its a pretty wicked forum and someone on there might be able to point you in the right direction. also www.therangerstation.com lot of shit on that site. but i would imagin for anything thats really going to be decent your probably going to have to spend a pretty Penny

I got a 94 4.0 Ranger 2wd with a full baja fiberglass kit and bumpers, I am now looking for suspension but I do not plan to race this or jump it extremely, more for cruising around at the dunes and a daily driver. The only kits I have found are camberg but they run close to $2,000.

let's see some pics of your beast :thumbsup:

I will get some pictures when everything is finished...

I just have the basic ranger right now, the baja kit is getting installed on saturday its just sitting in my garage waiting to be put on.

I got the 1 piece front end with 6'' bed sides and baja bumper with skid plate.

I was hoping to do the suspension also, but so far I cant find anything.

Have you checked with Camburg? None of the stuff worth having suspension-wise on that model of truck is going to be inexpensive (unless you make it yourself). :thumbsup:

Her ya go...click. I have this kit on my '92 and it works awesome. Get bilstien 5100's for a ranger with a 4"-5" lift (in the front) and you'll be set. I have this frontend and it can handle foot deep whoops at 45....

pic of mine

253695-R1-16-18A_017.jpg

EDIT: Those are bent i-beams, they DO NOT use drop-down brackets.

Edited by letsgetthisdone

Her ya go...click. I have this kit on my '92 and it works awesome. Get bilstien 5100's for a ranger with a 4"-5" lift (in the front) and you'll be set. I have this frontend and it can handle foot deep whoops at 45....

I have the same kit. Ive had it for about 5 years now on my 92. I just recently took it off and got it powdercoated. Now its going on my 97 and I am going to start building my 92 for real. In my opinion this is a good kit to get the "look". You can beat on it a little, but dont expect it to be a trophy truck, because it is not. As long as you dont beat the crap out of it, it is a good kit and pretty inexpensive ($550+ shocks+extended brakelines. For the rear you can put an add-a-leaf or block on it, Or you can do what I did and use Belltech leveling shackles for a full size chevy so you dont have the stiff ass ride as the add-a-leaf or axle wrap of the block. These shackles will give you about 2 inches lift and with the 4 in the front youll end up close to level or a little higher in the front to give you the"look". They cost around $100

I have the same kit. Ive had it for about 5 years now on my 92. I just recently took it off and got it powdercoated. Now its going on my 97 and I am going to start building my 92 for real. In my opinion this is a good kit to get the "look". You can beat on it a little, but dont expect it to be a trophy truck, because it is not. As long as you dont beat the crap out of it, it is a good kit and pretty inexpensive ($550+ shocks+extended brakelines. For the rear you can put an add-a-leaf or block on it, Or you can do what I did and use Belltech leveling shackles for a full size chevy so you dont have the stiff ass ride as the add-a-leaf or axle wrap of the block. These shackles will give you about 2 inches lift and with the 4 in the front youll end up close to level or a little higher in the front to give you the"look". They cost around $100

hmmm. My truck sits level with the rear being totally stock, oh well. You should not need a rear lift. And yes you can beat on this thing, you just have to where and where not to go fast. This kit is not about getting the "look." The damn thing didn't even have arebound hop after i landed from that jump, didn't hit thebump-stops either. So i don't know what you mean by this thing being good for just gettin' "the look." This thing is way beyond that. Thats what drop-down brackets are for :thumbsup: . Like i said 40-45 through a section of 10-12 inch deep whoops... :whistling: .

"So i don't know what you mean by this thing being good for just gettin' "the look."

I didnt say just the look. Sure you can still wheel it, but this kit is just stock suspension modified so that you can get it aligned with a taller coil. Im not saying its a bad kit, as I said i had it on my 92 and now im going to use it again on my 97. Im just saying it is no where near a true performance set up like custom egual length i-beams and radius arms with coilovers, which will cost a lot more.

By the way this is pretty much the same thing as the camburg entry level kit, except camburg uses custom radius arms instead of modifying the stock ones. Camburg also uses eibach springs where autfab uses generic coil.

You should be fine with the autofab kit if the above is your intention. like letsgetthisdone said, bilstein 5100s are a pretty good shock. He said he didnt have to lift his ass end but from my experience i have needed to. I guess it depends on how your truck sits in stock form. some are more stinkbug than others. On my 92 with the 4 inch front and the chevy leveling shackles, the front sat a little higher than the rear. If I were you Id put the front on and see if you like the rear where its at and if you want it a little higher, then get the shackles

Its been about 5 years since i bought mine but i think shipping was 35 bucks from Santee, Ca (San Diego) to Portland Oregon.

Edited by blueshee

"So i don't know what you mean by this thing being good for just gettin' "the look."

I didnt say just the look. Sure you can still wheel it, but this kit is just stock suspension modified so that you can get it aligned with a taller coil. Im not saying its a bad kit, as I said i had it on my 92 and now im going to use it again on my 97. Im just saying it is no where near a true performance set up like custom egual length i-beams and radius arms with coilovers, which will cost a lot more.

By the way this is pretty much the same thing as the camburg entry level kit, except camburg uses custom radius arms instead of modifying the stock ones. Camburg also uses eibach springs where autfab uses generic coil.

Oh, my bad, minor misunderstanding, misread your sentence. I totally agree that this is no where near an equal-length set-up or even extened beams with coilovers for that matter. It does have more travel than stock though. I measured mine at 10 inches of travel and my buddies truck (all stock) only has like 6 (measured it too).

And to answer if it will fit 33's, yes it will. I just hacked my stock fenders open and hammered the firewall flat (there are a couple of seams that stick out) and they just barely rub on the top of the inner fenderwell. And I wouldn't go any taller than this unless you're gonna widen it too, cuz i've had some moments in this thing where it felt like it was ready to bicycle.