riding boots

bansheeyfz

alpinestar tech 6s here best boot ive ever had they were easy to wear right from the start. i did have to raise my shifter but no big deal.i had tech 10s before that and they were way too hot for me they have a boot inside the outer boot.lots of good support but hot as hell so i sent them back and got the t6s i like them much better and they were cheaper

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can break the boots in a little quicker by getting them soaking wet and walking around for a while.

Thats what I was thinking, but didnt want to just throw my boots in the bathtub without getting a second opinion. Thats how i used to breakin a new pair of Red Wing work boots.

Jim

Edited by jmkapala

I don't own a pair but I will soon. I have friends who have already had indicidents where the boots save their ankles and legs. This weekend at a Glamis a friend took a small spill on a jump and the bike rolled over his leg while the paddle kept spinning right over it. The boot did it's job, that would of bee one ugly painfull looking leg without the boot. I really think they serve their purpose & I wouldn't go with the lowtop riding shoes. Those boots will also save your ankle when the chain snaps on you. I currently ride with some hiking shoes, a rock to the shin didn't help me at a trail ride last summer.. ouch!!!

I was a hold out on boots for a long time. Then i get my CRF450. I rode the dunes one time without them and decided that it really needed some boots. ankles hurt from jumping, and my legs were raw from my jeans rubbing on my leg when you squeeze the bike. I got a pair of fox boots, the first pair fell apart, and so i got a second pair as a free replacement. I think im going to upgrade when i get back to the states and get some of the Gaerne SG10s. Wont ride without them now. Even on the banshee!

I use the Alpinestars Tech6 boots...and can't imagine riding without them!!! Like everyone says, wear them for a short period of time, adjust your levers, and your good to go.

I have NEVER heard anyone say that their Alpinestars Boots were of shoddy construction or inferior materials. I'm not a fan of their jackets, but their boots and gloves are #1.

In High School, I watched my friend Mark case a jump, pull a flying "W" over the bars, then the footpeg wasted his ankle...right above where his tennis shoes ended. :yucky:

I NEVER rode without boots from that day forward.....

And as an added bonus...they will relieve pressure on your ankles.....

Just my 2 pesos...

Jay from SanD

Edited by jayzx750

I seriously dislike wearing boots, I'll probably get some when I start seriously racing (if I can ever afford it) but I've never had any problems on bikes or quads.

Don't know how good the 2006 Oneal Element Boots are but for $53 bux, you can't go wrong.

Thinking of grabbing a pair myself. http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&...=ONL_0318-106_G

i bought some boots when i bought my 450, and i have only worn them like once... i seriously could not shift, it was completely different.....i need my ankle to be free when i shift so i can get under and on top of the shifter... when i wore my boots i had to move my hole leg to get under and over the shifter......to each his own tho i guess, i will prolly learn one day that i shoulda worn them ....for now i just stick to an ol pair of timbo's.

Right now I am wear leather work boots, which are better than my shoes. I want to get boots, but I am trying to find some that are high enough up my calf to protect my riding pants from my pipes. I'm getting tired of having to clean the pants off the chrome pipes, and now I have a brand new pair of pants that I haven't used once in two years because I am afraid that I will burn a hole in them................ :banghead:

I have the Alpinestar Tech 4's. They are pretty good, but mine are starting to get worn out over time. The are both forming rips in the stitching on the inside of the boots on the same spot on both boots and on my right boot the metal tip came off while I was riding. You will need to break them in and probably move the shifter up one notch to accommodate for the extra size of the boot, at least I did.