banshee synchronizer tool

peak-j

Nope but we can :biggrin:

motion pro makes em. I just sync my carbs by adjusting both the slides to an even spot on the top of the carb bore area. Then back out my idle screws and screw them back in until the slide barely moves. Then adjust both idle screws the same amount of turns.

motion pro makes em. I just sync my carbs by adjusting both the slides to an even spot on the top of the carb bore area. Then back out my idle screws and screw them back in until the slide barely moves. Then adjust both idle screws the same amount of turns.

If you can get your hands on one of those tools, I be you would find your carbs are farther off than you think they are.

wow, never seen this tool before.

ive seen mercury ones that use vacuum to sync, but those where on motorcycles.

how does this work, im lost.

when you guys say VW store, what you talking about like volkswagen?

haha, just kinda lost!

thanks!

Yea I believe people have found them at the volkswagen stores.

Dont the mercury tube ones you hook in to a vaccuum port right around the carb?

You just fire up the machine with no filters on. Put it up against the bell of the carb. The little orange/red needle will move to a number. Go back and fourth making adjustments until both carbs read the same.

carb%20sync%20tool%20with%20adaptor.JPG

wow, never seen this tool before.

ive seen mercury ones that use vacuum to sync, but those where on motorcycles.

how does this work, im lost.

when you guys say VW store, what you talking about like volkswagen?

haha, just kinda lost!

thanks!

VW=volkswagon in this case, you are correct. I never actually bought one of these from a VW place, but it is Empi who makes them and I havee seen them for sale at such places. I am sure Jeff sells them for the same price or cheaper. I was just offering another alternative. I am not associated with anything that has to do with old VW's (many of the old VW enthusiasts scare me). :unsure:

Suuuuurrrrrrreee your not , Hippy. jk :laugh: Firehead are you a flower child? :beer:

Thanks for the order Peakj! Your sync tool and other Banshee goodies will fire right out.

Suuuuurrrrrrreee your not , Hippy. jk :laugh: Firehead are you a flower child? :beer:

I don't know about some of those VW folks. Whether its the Golf/GTI crowd of the vintage crowd there seems to be a large percentage of their population that weird me out. I have friends who are VW fanatics that I grew up in WA and some guys that I work with in CA and all the people they hang with are very similair. It's not so much the hippy thing that bothers me (though hippy's do bother me), it is the extemity at which they are into VW's and related things. I suppose they might find Banshee folks odd though, to look at the other side of the coin.

The vintage Myer's Manx VW is kind of cool and given nothing else to do, I think I could get into that. I have a draftsman that works for me that has an orginal Myer's Manx that he has had since he was in high school. He belongs to a Manx club that is full of folks just like him (obviously), but they are not all weird and creepy. They pretty much just use it as an excuse to throw on a straw beach hat and go drink beer in the sand dunes. :thumbsup: