Works 16.25" shocks on stock A-Arms?

charles_in_houston

im pretty sure most A arms take stock lenght shocks so even with your works on there it will sit really high

pretty much. unless they are a long travel arm.

the YFZ450 shocks are 15-1/4" and they raise the front end up (with stock arms) about as far as you really want to go.

The lowering kit says it will take the Banshee down 3" or so. I'm not looking for a permanent fix. I'll upgrade to a +2 +1 a-arm set in 3 to 4 months. I just want a quick fix. The YFZ450 a-arms don't sound like an inexpensive temporary fix. That sounds more permanent. If someone knows where I can get a cheep set then let me know and I

16'' shocks will not fit on standard travel a arms they are to long. so if you get thoes shocks you will have to buy long travel a arms.the stock lenght for a banshee shock is like 13''. so its twice the lenght.

Derick

16'' shocks will not fit on standard travel a arms they are to long. so if you get thoes shocks you will have to buy long travel a arms.the stock lenght for a banshee shock is like 13''. so its twice the lenght.

Derick

Ok, I hate to ask but I don't know. ....which a-arms will the shocks fit on (which ones are long travel)? Give me some recomendations on which a-arms to buy. I've already got the shocks.

I really think you're best bet is to go the 450 a-arm route as a permanent replacement.....those shocks will work perfect on that setup. Almost all aftermarket Banshee a-arms use the standard length Banshee shocks. If you want aftermarket arms you could probably buy stock length ones for a 450 and use those.

yup agreed or if you didnt want to mod anything and just polt on look for LT+2+1 arms LT mean long travel. your probably going to have to pay out the ass for them thowe

Sell the shocks, then buy Banshee a-arms and Banshee shocks. You try and hack together a suspension setup, thats all you get - a hack job. There is never going to be a proper or good setup for those shocks on a banshee. Long travel banshee arms are all made for 17.5" shocks from what Ive seen. And all the standard a-arms are made for stock 14.75" shocks.

Everybody can keep buying cheap whatever you want, but sooner or later one of you is going to wreck because of a poor suspension setup, or your weakened 450 a-arms that you had to cut down to make fit.

I know, "But I don't have money like all you people" . Newsflash, most of us don't have money. Im a full time student working as a cook. Save your money, wait a while, and then get a real suspension setup. You'll be a hundred times happier in the end.

Sell the shocks, then buy Banshee a-arms and Banshee shocks. You try and hack together a suspension setup, thats all you get - a hack job. There is never going to be a proper or good setup for those shocks on a banshee. Long travel banshee arms are all made for 17.5" shocks from what Ive seen. And all the standard a-arms are made for stock 14.75" shocks.

Everybody can keep buying cheap whatever you want, but sooner or later one of you is going to wreck because of a poor suspension setup, or your weakened 450 a-arms that you had to cut down to make fit.

I know, "But I don't have money like all you people" . Newsflash, most of us don't have money. Im a full time student working as a cook. Save your money, wait a while, and then get a real suspension setup. You'll be a hundred times happier in the end.

very well said

hey 'dawarriorman' are you anywhere near me?

you are welcome to come with me to a local MX track and flog my setup for a few laps to test your statement (run some trails too and hit some rocks and logs with it)

bring $12 for entry.

anyone else in my area want to compare their high dollar aftermarket suspension to mine, let me know! the door is open.

i'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything like that. i know this suspension setup isnt "the greatest" but it sure as hell isnt weak or shitty!

just hollar :)

Dude, this is a very ignorant thing to say (and by ignorant I mean the true definition, uninformed). Cutting down the 450 arms in no way weakens them. Have you even looked at the pictures of what or where is cut? I am a mechanical engineer, and I will guarantee that this modification in no way affects the strength or integrity of the a-arms.

I cannot comment yet on how well the a-arm swap performs because I have not ridden on this setup yet. But I do know for a FACT that the arms are not weakened as you stated.