give your $.02

DUB

Ok here I go. In about 6 weeks im going to china for 5 years for a job opportunity building the new skyway bridge for oakland bay. So Im trying to get as much riding in as possible. Being that I quit my other job it wont be that hard to get the dunes to myself during the week so thats what I did yesterday with a friend. I was at Sandlake here on the oregon coast. My bike has been together for about 2 years now and has ran awsome ever since. After riding for about 3/4 of the day I opened her up through all the gears for about a 1/4 mile over to wher my buddy was. When I got to him I put it in neutral to let it idle but it just died (unusual). I went to start it back up and it kicked over with alot of resistance, ran for a few seconds then died again. Then it was siezed tight and I couldnt get it to break free. We pulled it back to camp and pulled the pipes and tidnt see any signs of gulled cylendars or broken rings. We then put it in 5th gear and rocked it back and forth. It then un-seized. I put the pipes back on and it started right up but then stopped running ubruptly. I put it back in 5th and rocked it backward and it quickly un-seized. Then I went to kick it over and it locked up again. So what im thinking is that there maybe something broken inside somewhere and lodging itself when the rotating assembly is is moving in the running position but somehow lodges itself when reversed. So tell my what you think. I will tear it down in the next couple of days and keep ya posed. Thanks.

Sounds to me like it melted. Have you taken the plugs out yet??? If the electrode is gone or melted pretty hard, then you detonated it. (too high compression, need race fuel or better fuel) If you pull the head off, you'll see exactly what is happening..If there is a hole in the piston, its from detonation, if the top of the piston is melted and favoring the exhaust side, then you ran lean or have a clogged jet in the carb which created it to be lean...while you have it apart, make sure your water impeller is working properly...

BTW, that looks like Oldsmobile hill in Glamis.....I'll be there in 6 days and counting!!!!!1 :whistling:

Edited by Banchetta

Why is it that the say 'a penny for your thoughts' but everyone throws in their 'two cents worth'???? :confused:

Guess it falls in line with how do they get teflon to stick to the pan when nothing sticks to teflon??

Hmmm..........

I'd say you are in for a top end rebuild at the minium, check for play in crank bearings. If the engine seized as quickly as you say it did, the whole rotating assembly could be muffed.

Isent it true that when you go to China all of the money you make there you have to spend there? My buddie Brendens nephew is going there and that is what he was told.

Isent it true that when you go to China all of the money you make there you have to spend there? My buddie Brendens nephew is going there and that is what he was told.

lol no, well kinda, you have two bank accounts one here and one there. The company Im working for deposits 90% here and 10% there that is to prove the the chinese government that im infact over there making money. And I can make up to 87,000 and not get taxed by the us and the money deposited into my bank account over there is taxed by the chinese but my company is covering that so i'll never see my money go away.