What octane of fuel should I run

peak-j

Just curious to what the lowest octane I can run on my 99 banshee. It is completely stock. I would like to mill the head .025 and +4 timing advance. Hopefully have either trinity stage 4 pipes or toomey t5's. I am at 986 feet elevation. The only thing done to it right know is the aftermarket water pump impeller. Would I benefit very much from these mods? Thanks for any input.

I'm running pump gas and about a 4 degree timing advance with a milled head at .030. You should be fine.

I have been told that you can mill as much as .040 off a stock head and run pump gas. I have yet to find this out for myself.

I look for places that don't have additives such as detergents in their gas. Though that's getting harder to find. Also look for fuels that don't contain ethanol. That too will be hard to find as all the anti smog laws are forcing at least 10% ethanol or 15% MTBE depending on the time of year. Steer clear of the budget gas stations and Cheveron. Cheveron puts Techron in all their gas which affect the lubricating properties of most ester and especially caster based pre-mixes.