U guys got any other hobbies?

KingSpade

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice.. im kinda in the same boat with you. i have a 1500hp turbo drag mustang, but i think im going to have more fun with the banshee. the car has taken 4 long years to build all it needs now is its final assembly.then i have to have the after market fuel injection tuned then go tear it up.. don

post-23897-1170653298_thumb.jpg

I got a 75 Dart Sport that isn't nothing to special.. Had a 440 in it for a bit, now I got a 383 I want to build for twin turbos..

Here is a clip of a burnout in it..

http://media.putfile.com/Dart-74

The guy in it is my buddy Cory.. He had the 440 in a 69 charger that needed to be fully restored. We decided to use his motor, trans and tires on my car.. Again its nothing to special but one day it maybe.. :biggrin:

RIPPEN

nice... the motor sounded like it had alot more in it.i work with a doctor that is a mopar nut my uncle has a super bee i think its a 69? and it has a 383 in it it does not sound half as mean as yours..don

Well the motor that was in it in that vid was the 440.. It ran pretty good but needed a few changes in the setup.. The 383 I got is a HP motor that I want to go through and build strickly for forced induction.. 383 isn't a bad engine but I think would really benifit from boost :biggrin:

RIPPEN

Well the motor that was in it in that vid was the 440.. It ran pretty good but needed a few changes in the setup.. The 383 I got is a HP motor that I want to go through and build strickly for forced induction.. 383 isn't a bad engine but I think would really benifit from boost :biggrin:

RIPPEN

i am running a 383 in the modified (rollers) 383 are a very good motor, the best small block in my opinion, although you can get a hell of a motor out of a 400 small block too.

i am running a 383 in the modified (rollers) 383 are a very good motor, the best small block in my opinion, although you can get a hell of a motor out of a 400 small block too.

Iam talking BB chrysler...

Nice vid Rippen? Is that sanddaddy off DR in the car? That was nice burnout!!

Thanks man... No different Cory.. The cory your thinking of lives in the springs and I have only seen him at Walden..

It was a fun car, that engine now is in a 70 Duster.. A-body Mopar with Big Block = good times.. That burnout vid was taken right before we took it apart.. One of these days ill have to upload some cruisin vid we took around here..

RIPPEN

Here is the families other hobby. Its a 79 monte carlo. The class we run is purestock with a stock 305 engine. We run 3/8 mile track our home town. Then the other tracks are right around that too. This is our car from 2006.

M12006014.jpg

so is that the Wissota circuit u run up there in hibbing? We are NASCAR Weekly/IMCA. we have 3 local track we run on, 2 of them are 3/8 mile banked and the other ia a half mile simi banked.

Wow, just in the past few days i've gotten the interest back to put my car back together. I should have it moved by next weekend to my place from storage at a friends.I'm sure i'm going to relearn all the rules and be into the chassis for awhile.lol... the 10.5 tire guys are layin the numbers down now days...outa be fun!!:-)

Didn't learn I guess..hahaha

Dune

Im working on a 70 chevelle I got about a year and a half ago. I took the motor out of my 80 trans am and put it in the chevelle and drove it for a bit before taking it all apart for restoration. I got the motor torn down and parted most of it out (the heads carb and intake) for some bigger ones. The block is going into the machine shop in april to be fitted with a 4.25 stroke crank 4.28 pistons on 6.135 rods to make 489ci. with the new intake carb and roller cam we are shooting for 720hp on the flywheel. After awhile I also plan on planting a roots style 8-71 on the top. The body was in ok shape it needs full quarter panels and a trunk floor. The fenders are already gone. I got the trunk floor and new deck lid for it already as well as all new glass all the way around. Put in front disc brakes. Right after the motors done whe should have the frame prepped for the body to go back on with new brake/fuel lines, bushings and rear linkage. then the sandblasted body will be primed and layed back on for final bodywork. Im hoping to have it done by this time next year, but itll probley take longer. Its sitting on weld draglites with M/T et fronts26x 3.5x15 in front and 28x11.5x15 M/T slicks on the rear. I will have the 400 tranny modified for reverse manual shift trans brake and currie GM/ford 9" rear. Of course a roll cage is goin in to or they dont let you in the track. Thats about it for my hobbies. Oh and I lift weights alot too. Drag racing-banshee ridin-weight liftin.