tires

whats a good tire just had itpliked them with old motor dont hook with new motor 22-11-9 looking for something for dirt little mud only if rains but some what normal for the strret i had paddles on today 22-10-10 10 paddled hooked pretty good but to aggressive for the street and dry dirt also thinking about droppingto 20 instead of 22 any input will help thanks

whats a good tire just had itpliked them with old motor dont hook with new motor 22-11-9 looking for something for dirt little mud only if rains but some what normal for the strret i had paddles on today 22-10-10 10 paddled hooked pretty good but to aggressive for the street and dry dirt also thinking about droppingto 20 instead of 22 any input will help thanks

I like the pure sport bandits they hook up great on hard pack and mud pretty good on the steet and I run 20x 11x 9s I like them over kenda dominators and hole shots and they are cheaper!!! :biggrin:

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=174

These work very well for dirt riding and are lighter than most. If doing hard MX style cornering than run more air psi or a stiffer sidewall tire. If on pavement, the turf tamers are cheap and hook well as they have alot of tread surface on the ground.

Ive heard both good and bad about them, but Razr II's will be my next set of non-dune tires. I dont care if they work or not, they looks sweet as can be! :thumbsup:

I knopw you say that you have had the Holeshot's but I have quite a bit of mods done to my shee and it pulls like a mother and I took out my 20X11X9 rear and 21X7X10 fronts they are ITP Holeshot XCR's and man am I ever happy with these things. I have driven lots of diffrent tires and have never had a pair hook up like these things have

whats the diffrence between knarly and knarly xc if i go with knarly should i go with the reg at 20-11-9 or xc at 21-11-9 still in a toss up with ohtsu and pure sport bandit all look some what the same just trying to get more input on these three thanks again everyone for the help

Edited by highroller355

whats the diffrence between knarly and knarly xc if i go with knarly should i go with the reg at 20-11-9 or xc at 21-11-9 still in a toss up with ohtsu and pure sport bandit all look some what the same just trying to get more input on these three thanks again everyone for the help

I was in the same boat you are in 6 months ago and my 2 choices were bandits and knarlys,I bought the bandits because they were more of a all terain and the fact that they were cheaper I can't complain with the bandits but they are a softer compound than the kendas so if you send alot of time on pavement they will wear out faster my cousin has kenda klaws and they are good to. the knarlys the xc means more plys I think you can't go wrong with both so its up to your wallet. :biggrin: :beer:

I actually despise the holeshots and razr's. Every pair I've ever had on a 2stroke, as soon as you wear the edges away on the tread, they just want to spin after that. They hook o.k., but dont give the hook that I desire. I'm sure if I go to a - swingarm it'll help me out, but it just seems the more add on's to the motor I do, the more they just want to spin.

I do a lot of different kind of riding, from hardpack dirt, to loose dirt, to sand, to coal silt and I've come down to 2 different tires that will get the job done.

If I know what I'm getting into and will get away with I go with my mudsharks. They've hooked from day one on every imaginable surface, muddy clay hills, wet rocks, you name it, they are a great tire. They are a softer rubber so they dont last incredibly long, but they arent very expensive and well worth it.

Now If I'm gonna get into some deep mud, or snow riding, or softer sand, or have no clue what I'm going to come across out there, there's only one tire.....and sadly, they dont make it anymore The Realtor. You pretty much wont find a better tire out there that will take anything you can throw at it. Sure there are better tires for suited terrains, but this tire will get you through it all. If you can find a set, grab them up. I run mine on beadlocks with 0 air pressure, just a tap of air to give them a little cushion. I've got 3 extra sets that are brand new that I dont think I'd part with for 200 bucks a pair.

I actually despise the holeshots and razr's. Every pair I've ever had on a 2stroke, as soon as you wear the edges away on the tread, they just want to spin after that. They hook o.k., but dont give the hook that I desire. I'm sure if I go to a - swingarm it'll help me out, but it just seems the more add on's to the motor I do, the more they just want to spin.

I do a lot of different kind of riding, from hardpack dirt, to loose dirt, to sand, to coal silt and I've come down to 2 different tires that will get the job done.

If I know what I'm getting into and will get away with I go with my mudsharks. They've hooked from day one on every imaginable surface, muddy clay hills, wet rocks, you name it, they are a great tire. They are a softer rubber so they dont last incredibly long, but they arent very expensive and well worth it.

Now If I'm gonna get into some deep mud, or snow riding, or softer sand, or have no clue what I'm going to come across out there, there's only one tire.....and sadly, they dont make it anymore The Realtor. You pretty much wont find a better tire out there that will take anything you can throw at it. Sure there are better tires for suited terrains, but this tire will get you through it all. If you can find a set, grab them up. I run mine on beadlocks with 0 air pressure, just a tap of air to give them a little cushion. I've got 3 extra sets that are brand new that I dont think I'd part with for 200 bucks a pair.

they still make raltors just have to look usually around 75-85 each i also found them for around 65 each

I've rocked realtors before. They worked great for coal mines..but they are heavy, make a lot of noise and don't grip very well on hard surfaces. Plus they are wide and gives my quad a tippy feeling when cornering hard. The large openings between the lugs screams puncture me! I've had like 4 plugs in one of my tires alone after finding some sharp stuff. But the 6 ply means a tough carcass.

I haven't found a real good tire that hooks up well in all conditions. The holshot MX's 18x8x10 are bar none the best for hard pack clay or dirt track.

Regular holshots just spin up a storm...they equally suck on all terrain and are my general purpose choice as the stiff sidewall helps keep the quad stable.

Turf tamers are good if you groove them, but at 2 ply they don't last long and holshot mx's are better. Nothing will hook up better then a set of paddle tires in the sand.

The Razors are basically holshot tires with different tread pattern on the front...they don't turn as well as holshot mx's do and they are a harder rubber compound.