banshee motor on dirt bike frame

bada450r

ok,i got a friend that has a dirt bike complete exept motor,and his looked into buying a regular motor,its a yz250,2 stroke,but his been talking about getting it to run hard[fast]i told him to put a banshee motor on it,and we can really get that thing to rip.is it even worth looking into?do you guys think we will have to mod the shit out of the frame to be able to fit the 350 twin cylinder motor in it?his already got a pretty bad ass suspention on it,his a sand rider period,but he wants to get to the hill,and kick ass,hes also not into jumping or anything like that.his mpre than willing to do it,but ofcourse he want help from myself,and a couple of other friend...thanks[i would love to see how fast we can get that thing,hell probably need a longer swing arm]thanks............... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

unique probably.

probably have more motor hanging out the right side when trying to line up the sprockets.

probably be a bit heavier also

stick some sort of 500cc 2-stroke single into it, be much easier, lighter and powerful

fuck that the shee motor or no mods to the frame,and a 250.i mean we can get a 250 running pretty good,but i keep on pumping him up,iam like yea if you put a shee motor on it,its going to rip your arms out.....iam like youre going to be the fastes dirt bike on the hill......but if it cant be done it cant be done???????????????????????????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I would think it would be fairly easy for a competent fabricator.........The only problem I could foresee would be pipe fitment issues. I would guess that could be cured with a 2:1 pipe setup. Even with that I am sure you would have to heavily modify the 2:1 pipe to make it fit (and not look hillbilly). You would also have a big imbalance problem while riding with the cylinder hanging out the right side.

I would think it would be fairly easy for a competent fabricator.........The only problem I could foresee would be pipe fitment issues. I would guess that could be cured with a 2:1 pipe setup. Even with that I am sure you would have to heavily modify the 2:1 pipe to make it fit (and not look hillbilly). You would also have a big imbalance problem while riding with the cylinder hanging out the right side.

we era looking into the 2 to 1 set up for carbs as well.....do you guys think hell be able to ride it trough the dunea with ease?do to balance. :whistling:

the stock radiators on the bike will work fine.

Oh? I thought the Banshee would have a larger radiator..

So with the engine going in, its gonna remain pretty stock asides from pipes or is it gonna get moded to shit?

Oh? I thought the Banshee would have a larger radiator..

So with the engine going in, its gonna remain pretty stock asides from pipes or is it gonna get moded to shit?

i dont think the radiador is going to make a factor,cuz if we have to we could just put a pwr radiador for that bike,and well be fine. :banghead:

i dont think its a good idea , first to line the sprocket and chain with the rear sprocket the motor will stick out the other side alot , past the foot peg , the banshee motor is twice the weight of a 250 and with a little bit of work you can get 50 hp out of a good 250 motor . the pipes wont look good , will stick way out the side and if you drop it they will dent easy, they will be a bitch to make fit , i think it will be hard to make it look good.

i think you probably be better off getting a 500 2stroke and putting it in , besides in stock form the 500 will make more power then a banshee motor , and still look stock , and if you do some work to the 500 , port polish , stroke , you will have more power than you need. and it will be a hell of alot easier to put in a bike frame.

i think the radiator is the least of you problems

before you go slapping a 500 motor in there id just go buy a used kx or cr 500 and ride that. i see no point in putting a motor in there that you can have all ready to go in a bike.

i agree , maybe he's on a limited buget , but if its a newer 250 or 125 its a better frame than the out dated 500's , even if its older its still better then trying to shoehorn a shee motor into a dirtbike frame ,

Just run outframes :yelrotflmao:

Ive already put a blaster engine in a yz 80 frame and the biggest problem is it was unbalanced the motor dtock out to much once the chain was enligned and it at low speed you would always feel it pulled to one side.

But it would be possible to fit a banshee engine in a yz 250 frame . If your buddy kinda rides in dunes or hillclimb. The balance does not matter that much. I've already seen dirt bike with snowmobile engines which are heavier than banshee engine, As pipes you could use rz 350 pipes.