04 yz250 jetting

IROOST1

OK, i know its not a banshee but just wondering. I have a completely decked out yz250. I keep that thing so fresh its ridiculous. It runs perfect. BUT, when i crash, and get the bike back on its wheels. Its a bitch to get started. Im talkin 30 kicks. Is maybe, my jetting off a little or is there something i can do to prevent this(other than not crashing).

Float sticking a little possibly?

Needle and seat sticking a little? You MIGHT try lowering the float ...just my .02.

Or get a quad and keep it rubber side down? (Sorry...had to... :yelrotflmao: )

Got a banshee. And another in progress. I see no difference between 2 or 4 wheels. Four just hurts more when it hits you. I guess i will put a new needle valve and seat in it and see if that works come spring.

There really isn't much you can do about this.When you crash the fuel in the carb bowl has to go some where either the overflow hoses and the intake track of the cylinder.That is a old trick to starting those bikes up when they have sat for awhile and are cold.Lay it over to one side and the carb will drain into the intake track and fire right up. :shrug:

Edited by bansheeseat$$

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the extra gas that runs into the motor after you lay it over..Just hold the throttle wide open and kick it over. It should start in a few kicks...It'll help clean out the extra fuel in the cylinders and start better.

Due to the extra gas that runs into the motor after you lay it over..Just hold the throttle wide open and kick it over. It should start in a few kicks...It'll help clean out the extra fuel in the cylinders and start better.

tried that, wide open still takes 30 kicks, also tried choke, no choke, closed throttle, half throttle. Nothing seems to work. I think the jet needle may be worn and gets stuck when its turned sideways. I will replace that come spring.

I would also check the compression. Low comrpession will make any bike start hard. If not then your jetting could just simply need to be tweaked.

starts perfect, 1 kick, tons of compression, brand new cyl, head, and wiseco every year. 2 rides on recent top end. Its gotta be the needle or something in the carb worn out.

How does it start when warmed up? w/o crashing......Do you need the choke to start it when its cold? Have you checked the float level?

Starts fine when its hot, never checked the level, never have on anything, as long as you dont bend it, its pointless.

Sounds to me that your just getting a lot of fuel running into the cylinders when the bike is layed over. Your floats could just need some tweaking, other than that. Its one of those things you might have to deal w/. Carbs aren't designed to run sideways...