ok next question....

jmkapala

According to the chart on this site http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm you should be around 170-180 psi with that size domes and that elevation. Did you test it when the bike was warm and hold the throttle wide open and kick till you couldn't kick anymore?

No, its 26 degrees up here. wasnt sure exactly how to test it on a banshee.....hooked up the tester and kicked untill it quit going up (the compression tester)....

also its a 20 over bore....sorry

Edited by jmkapala

i have a cool head w/ 18cc domes....i just did a compression test w/ about 151psi in both jugs....i live in a suburb of detroit at about 650 ft above sea level....

is this compression ok?

It's a little low...but, it should start and run. Those PSI reading on the NOSS site are appoxamate, not bible.

That being said...it's a little low. Did you hold the throttle wide open the whole time you were kicking?

Jim, since I know you're a "stang fanatic, I'm sure you used a good quality compression tester, so we can rule that out.

I'm available tomorrow after 5:30 PM if you're gonna be home... you got my number.

I'd be happy to stop by and take a look.

I'm really curious to see what kind of condition those carbs are in. Did you ever find out what jets on in them??

So here's where this one stands.

I take the carbs apart, these are stock carbs on a piped shee...by the way.

Anyone want to guess what size pilots he has?

45. Yes, you read that right, 45's. And the guy he bought it off of told him it was jetted for 70 degree weather...

:shoothead:

And, the left side carb threads are so stripped/worn, the brand new throttle caps he got literally fall onto the top of the carb, as if there were NO threads there at all.

So...he has a spare left carb. I'm going to drill and tap that for the idle screw, and sent him off to the store to get jets.

He removed the airbox, and is going to pods. I sent him to get 27.5 pilots, 340 to 370 mains (it was a balmy 10 degrees in his garage yesterday) and a box of BR8ES plugs.

That's where it stands right now...:) Although he said it wouldn't start before, I think 45 pilots are a big part of the problem. So...gonna start there. With 175PSi in each jug, that should be fine....we'll get it sorted!!