shee loses power while in powerband

Bigkahun74

i'm working on my buddies 2000 shee, it has pro circut pipes, lightened flywheel, bored .20 over, k&n air filter, ported, 300 main jets.. it starts 2-3 kicks everytime, but once i get into the powerband and get through some of the gears it falls on it's face and runs like shit. the right cly kinda crackles and it kinda sounds like it's sucking air to me, but i can hold the throttle wide open and the thing barely moves. :banghead: i need help

i'm working on my buddies 2000 shee, it has pro circut pipes, lightened flywheel, bored .20 over, k&n air filter, ported, 300 main jets.. it starts 2-3 kicks everytime, but once i get into the powerband and get through some of the gears it falls on it's face and runs like shit. the right cly kinda crackles and it kinda sounds like it's sucking air to me, but i can hold the throttle wide open and the thing barely moves. :banghead: i need help

Did you have the full race port done? We have two Shees one with a mild port one with a full race port. We had to put bigger carbs on the one with the full race port. It was not getting enough fuel when you would hit 5th gear it would bog. The other shee still has the stock carbs and works fine no bogging. Just a thought but you may need bigger carbs, it worked for us.

Have you tried changing the main jet? Has it ever run right?

It sounds like either electrical or an air leak.

Test compression, test for an air leak...and check all your connections.

Do you have the TORS removed? Fresh gas/oil, fresh plugs?

Try a fatter main, just for the hell of it, like 340s. If it makes NO difference, check for an air leak.