Little Sahara

Animalman294

When I read about Little Sahara it said something about quiet time from 10pm-6am........... Is that just around the camp sites or is that out on the sand as well? How is the riding there, and does anyone know how far it is from California border up I-80 out through Reno...........?

Thanks just thought we might check out a new riding area..............

When I read about Little Sahara it said something about quiet time from 10pm-6am........... Is that just around the camp sites or is that out on the sand as well? How is the riding there, and does anyone know how far it is from California border up I-80 out through Reno...........?

Thanks just thought we might check out a new riding area..............

The quiet time is just in the campground. You can ride on the dunes during thoses hours but not in the campground. Alot of people just trailer (or push)outside the campground then ride. You will love the dunes they are awesome. If you want to mapquest from your location to Nephi Utah add another 31 miles from there. Or you can mapquest to Salt Lake and add 115 miles. Good Luck sounds like a fun trip to me.

the quiet time is in the campground. you can camp at the bottom of sand mountain and ride all night if you want to right from there. the group i go with has toyhaulers and we just form a circle with a fire pit in the center. the dunes are great you will love it. and the area is big a little something for everybody. as far as weather its freezing now you want to go in the summer.let me know when your going its 3hrs north of me

• 2 weeks later...
End of march it starts to warm up enough to ride during the day (in ok.) but still pretty cold at night. I am heading out there mid march....

I'll be in OK over Spring Break...i think we're getting there on the 21st or 22nd. We'll have about 15-20 guys. I think we'll be in Cowboy Camp. Would love to meet up with some guys to do some dragging, trails, and big dune roost'n.

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone give me the skinny on little sahara?

Im in phoenix, so a summer in the dunes where it is not 120 degrees sounds great!

Directions?

Drive Time?

Things to bring?

Permits needed?

Etc.

can anyone give me the skinny on little sahara?

Im in phoenix, so a summer in the dunes where it is not 120 degrees sounds great!

Directions?

Drive Time?

Things to bring?

Permits needed?

Etc.

It's still 100 deg. here inthe summer. As for directions head up I-15 till Nephi and west about 40-50 miles. There are signs everywhere. Google eath it there is a picture of our sand mountain pinned in the featured places. Click on the box in the lower left to show places of interest, roads, ect. Drive time from Phoenix is probably about 8-9 hours. Bring a flag for sure there asses about it. No permits needed just make sure your bike is registered and dont drink and drive. I've had buddies hauled off DUI for driving a golf cart intoxicated. I've been to Juab County Jail before. YOU DON'T WANT TO!!!! Just watch your ass and you'll have a great time. Our competition hill "The Face" is about 400 vertical feet and abou 400 yards long. Its pretty steep! If you dont mind eating K&T's dust all day you'll have a blast! I recomend checking these dunes out. You will not be dissapointed.

if you want to keep it in-state, go to the cinders in flagstaff. its nice temp during the day, but can get cold at night, you also rarely see rangers. Also if you have any painted plastics they will get torn up and skat tracs are a no no because they get torn up too . clicky . the biggest hill is over 1/3 mile long and 600 feet high :blink: