Clutch cover/lock up question

nicktoney

can i get my side case cover with that quick change/access window without spending the money on the lockup clutch i probably dont need yet? i just really like the clear window and the ease of just taking that off to service little adjustment things... any idea how to get one of these w/o buying the lockup with it?

can i get my side case cover with that quick change/access window without spending the money on the lockup clutch i probably dont need yet? i just really like the clear window and the ease of just taking that off to service little adjustment things... any idea how to get one of these w/o buying the lockup with it?

well the side cover is 250 or so,and the lockup 80....talk to jeff. :thumbsup:

Nick,

Not trying to be a smart ass, but what do you periodically need to adjust? I ran my 4 mil all last year and only occasionally adjusted the cable slack at my handlebar...

And yea, if you're gonna pay the money for the quick change sidecover, might as well get the lockup...

Didn't mean to sound like a smart ass, Nick...

If you get a good quality clutch, and use the right springs, it should last you.

I got my FAST clutch end of 05, ran it part of 05 with my stock motor, pipes, pods, timing.

Ran it ALL last year on my cub, easily twice the HP of my stock motor, and I'm running the SAME clutch in my 10 mil, just using lighter springs sine I'll have a lockup...

• 2 weeks later...
If I'm not mistaken, Directdrive makes the colored lenses for stocks?? I'm going to look up their site.. be back!

Direct Drive makes alot of things from new die cast side covers, to the lockups, to the conversion kits for a stock cover. They are good guys. If you have any qustions, just give them a call. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I just installed the new die cast clutch cover from DirectDrive and had some issues with the rear brake pedal.

Right now it hits the bottom of the cover and it does not seem to have the travel it had with the stock cover.

Do I need to modify the brake pedal?

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by typhoon1911