Anyone ever try to quit dipping/smoking?

I'm only 18 but I've been dipping since 6th grade I was either 12 or 13 dont remember....I figure I better quit while I'm ahead, or my lip rots off! I go thorough a can in about a day and half. I've tried quitting before, but damn I enjoy it too much. I guess I just need som support, or methods that have worked for you guys. I refuse to wear patches or chew that stupid gum though. If I'm going to do it then its going to be cold turkey and maybe eat a shit load of sunflower seeds or something...

I'm only 18 but I've been dipping since 6th grade I was either 12 or 13 dont remember....I figure I better quit while I'm ahead, or my lip rots off! I go thorough a can in about a day and half. I've tried quitting before, but damn I enjoy it too much. I guess I just need som support, or methods that have worked for you guys. I refuse to wear patches or chew that stupid gum though. If I'm going to do it then its going to be cold turkey and maybe eat a shit load of sunflower seeds or something...

well your alrady off on the wrong foot to asy your not going to try somethig that aids you along the way... about 90% of people that try to go cold turkey endup back at it before ever stopping... and of those 10% thqat do stop overhalf are back at it less then one month off it.. smoking or dipping... your best bet is pain... have a buddy knock the shit out of you when he sees you doing it... i had one of my junior marine tell me he wanted to stop smoking but he couldnt... so i told him i could help and i would garranty my results.. told him if i saw him smoking or if someone else saw him smoking i hit him in the mouth, and if he lied about it and i found out i hit him 2 times... well the mouth hitting didnt last long casue he kept getting caught and his mouth could only take some many licks until it was worn out so we moved to the stomach... none the less in a few weeks he stopped smoking and when he smelled smoke it made him nauseous

Kinda strange but this ad was at the bottom of the page on HQ. LINK

Use the buddy system. Everytime a friends sees you dip, he gets to kick you in the balls, after two or 3 good kicks, you wont want it anymore. :thumbsup:

I know this sounds stupid, but usually if your trying to quit smoking/dipping you would just do a lot of it all at once. Back in the day if someone wanted to quit smoking they would chain smoke as many cigarettes as they could in like 1/2 hour or so, literally suck them down. You would be sooo sick afterwards that youd never wanna smoke again. Once in a while I see a lot of cigarette butts in a parking lot, all the way towards the back that all look fresh, and I always imagined that's what had ahppened.

I think the same works for dip too, throw like 1/2(maybe more for you) a tin in your mouth, I guarantee youll never wanna dip after that.

My mother inlaw was a smoker for 30+ yrs untill recently. She tried then new drug Chantix. She has been smoke free for 3 1/2 months now. Im not sure if you can used this for chewing or not. As soon as I find out if my insurance covers this stuff I am going in and getting some. I figure its time for me to stop too. Im sick of going outside or in the back porch in the cold to smoke. I have been smoking a pack a day since I was 14 yrs old, aughhhhhh, now Im 28. Yup def time to quit.

I've quit lots of times, sometimes for a few months and sometimes for a couple years. The best way to quit is just dont dip or smoke, it's not hard just make up your mind that you dont do it anymore and when you get the urge just dont do it. Just depends on how strong your will is. It's easy for me to say because I am not an addictive person, maybe just lucky that way but i really think people can do what they want if they really want to.

I used the patch to quit smoking after about 15 years of smoking. It worked for me but once you quite for a while you just have to not do it any more cause the temptation comes and goes. Bansh-eman one day my boss is going to walk up behind me and freak when he sees that pic you have in your sig, Oh jen nice rack. Ever need help with those let me know.

LMAO .....I am that chic in that avatar, hahahah.

Jen

:yelrotflmao: Had to edit my post there, thought it might be a g/f or something, not used to seeing any chicks on this board. It's usually one big sausage party, I guess that makes for a grand total of 3 that I can think of.

:yelrotflmao: Had to edit my post there, thought it might be a g/f or something, not used to seeing any chicks on this board. It's usually one big sausage party, I guess that makes for a grand total of 3 that I can think of.

LOL Im not a new member here. I have been with this site as a member since December of 2000.

LOL Im not a new member here. I have been with this site as a member since December of 2000.

SHE IS LYING!!!!! WE NEVER SEEN HER BEFORE TODAY!!!! EVERYONE LOOK OUT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah you better quit that nasty shit DEVIL WOMAN!!!! lol...Just lock yourself out of the house a couple times when it -60 outside and raining..Sure fire cure but also may require insurance coverage as well. :yelrotflmao:

Dune

SHE IS LYING!!!!! WE NEVER SEEN HER BEFORE TODAY!!!! EVERYONE LOOK OUT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah you better quit that nasty shit DEVIL WOMAN!!!! lol...Just lock yourself out of the house a couple times when it -60 outside and raining..Sure fire cure but also may require insurance coverage as well. :yelrotflmao:

Dune

HAHAH LMAO, now thats good humor.