Alba Rec kit

gregbowler

I am going to buy the Rec front end from alba. I called them and they said the don't have the arms in chrome any more. What color should I get them in Black or silver ? (stock silver framed bike) Also wondering what I should put into the field for type of riding. I trail ride as well as dune ride. Should I get the dune editions ? (same price as non dune edition $749) Here are the kits I was looking at:

http://store.albaaction.com/shop/ATV-YAM-BAN.html

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

im running the alba kit you are talking about and its awesome, yes they are a +2 +1 with elka shocks...i have never had a complaint about the shocks or arms, but be careful ordering from those guys, i just had a very bad experiance with them l;ast week...i live about 6 blocks from their shop and i took my girls bike in for a top end it took them 3 months to do they jacked the price up on me 3 times and i could never get a straight answer from them. i caught their service dept in a lie. one guy told me that the parts were on order, he told me it was going to cost me $760 to re do the top end of her bike (2004 suzuki rmz250) 2 weeks later a different guy calls to ask if i want them to order the parts to fix the bike..and i told him that 2 weeks before i had told someone to do the top end and go ahead and order parts and now 2 weeks later nothing had been ordered and my bike was still untouched? so i told the 2nd guy to get r done, 2 weeks later i get a call to ask if they should order parts, here im thinking they are calling to tell me its ready to be picked up and go riding, not the case its now 6 weeks in the shop and still not even touched, and now the price just went up to $1,298 for a top end on a bike... when i finaly got my bike back 3 months after dropping it off and 2 different price hikes i was a bit upset to learn that they lost the bolts that hold the plastics on and now tell me that they dont have any so i had to go buy all new bolts, so like i said be careful ordering from those guys, they lie and cheat their customers

Update:

last sunday I placed the order for the kit with black arms. They said the kit minus shocks(comming from Elka) would ship out on tuesday. Called them yesterday(So Cal to Nor Cal should be less than a week) Guess what they said "It looks like it hasn't gone out yet" And to top it off now their out of the extended brake lines so they couldn't ship it if they wanted to. Then they asked if I would just like to wait for the shocks and get it all at once. Like I have a choice. I then asked if once they get the shocks if they could overnight the order for the trouble. They said "It should only be a 2 day ship anyway so no." WTF Alba had the best prices for the parts I needed but their customer service sucks. I hope after I get my stuff I never have to deal with them again. Also about the chrome arms, They said the ones they ordered had acid in the arms from the plating process that was eating them from the inside out so they sent them all back. They said no more chrome for 6 to 8 months. Just had to vent and put it in black and white so when someone else searches they can be prepared. :verymad: :banghead:

Took albe almost 3 weeks to get a bumper to my house that they said "its in stock" give me a fucken break ill never order anything from there again. I go to K&K, Rocky Mountain, and Magic Racing. K&K is the shit took them 1 day after i ordered to get me a-arms, break lines, and elkas to my house

Update:

WTF Alba had the best prices for the parts I needed but their customer service sucks. I hope after I get my stuff I never have to deal with them again.

i spent alot of money with alba rebuilding my bike the first go around only to get 100% turned off from them when i was buying my old ladies bike... they have the WORST customer service EVER! like i have said before... they are located by a bunch of rich yuppies that will pay over retail for shit so they dont give a rats ass about us... ill never buy parts from albas again...

Edited by Bansh-eman