Sony going bust?

tithead

Sony could probably give the PS3's away and still make a killing. I can't believe all the peripheral gear they have coming out for it. I have 62 PS2 games, tons of controllers, gear etc.. Just think what they sell world wide?

They will also make money off the blu-ray discs they sell with their labels. So the PS3 market goes way beyond the console alone.

I honestly doubt that Sony will loose enough to make a difference. I have the PS2, and had the PS1. Everyone at my work has the PSP, and some of them have one for each of their kids and one for themselves. Not to mention all the Memory Cards, games, movies, and gear!

Id have to agree. Sony could sell them for 50 bucks each and still make a killing. Its not like it costs 600 dollars to make a PS3..

well i read the whole article...and from what i read sony is loosing 300.00 us per playstation 3 console

300.00 x 6,000,000 thats alot of cheese......and not to mention that they are loosing 1.5 billion on the recalled laptop bateries :banghead:

so actually i could see them loosing there ass right now.....

Yes, Sony loses money on each PS3 sold, as does Microsoft lose money with each xbox 360. The game sales make up the difference. They did the same thing on the last generation of consoles.

Even if the PS3 isn't near as successful as the ps2 (I doubt it will be), they will still end up breaking even sooner or later.

Bottom line, while sony might have some reorganizing to do, they aren't going anywhere yet. They are simply too big of a company.

They write this crap everytime they put out something new, It is always like this in the gaming console business. Yes they will lose money the first couple of years, But since it takes about 6 years to put out a console, They will more than make up for it in the long run, they always do.

how the heck could sony be losing 300 dollars per console. So your saying it costs sony 900 dollars to make a mass produced console and get it shipped to a U.S. store?

Only thing I heard about sony that right now they are losing money is basically there was a part that is made by a different company that is in these consoles that was built wrong....and its causing the systems to lock up. Thats why there were so little of them around at christmas.

They could basically just stop selling the PS3 and give up on it. And pay for the losses they accrued with the sales of PS2, PSP, and PS1 stuff and still stay in business.

Sony is so multidimensional that a little PS3 system isnt going to put them under......hell....1.5 billion in battery recalls is barely a dent.....they've got ceo's making that in bonuses basically