What is your opinion of the Duncan Racing National Kit

jayzx10r

Hello Banshee HQ. This is my first posting...I live in San Diego and am looking forward to maybe hooking up with some of you at Glamis or Gordons. I'm in the market for my first quad and have decided it will be a Banshee (of course!!) so I'm psyched while I look for MY Christmas present!!

A little bit of background on me... I've been riding cycles for many, many years and currently have a 2005 ZX10r and a 2000 YZ250. I recently sold my RZ350 I've owned since 1989 that had a milled head, porting by Tony Smith, polished power valves, Toomeys, 30 mm flat slides, polished rods, welded crank, lightened flywheel, reeds, spacers, Fox rear shock, aluminum swingarm modded from an FZ600, + a bunch of other tidbits. Kinda figured I'd stick with what I know a bit about. :thumbsup:

So I found this Banshee locally and thought I'd aks your opinion of the mods as far as how good the package would work in the dunes. I'm not going to be a huge jumper but I will get a little air. Definitely NOT jumping dune to dune!! Probably do some drags but mostly hitting the bowls and dune riding. Please note the -1 swingarm.

I'm guessing it probably needs to run on C12...I'd prefer pump gas but can deal with it.

* Complete Duncan Racing National Kit found at www.duncanracing.com

* Paul Turner triple chrome plated pipes with Fat Boy 2 Silencers

* Very low hours on complete rebuilt motor by Duncan Racing

* Crank shaft trued and welded by Duncan Racing

* Cylinders ported and polished by Duncan Racing

* Duncan Racing high compression billet aluminum Cool heads

* Duncan Racing billet aluminum water pump modification

* Duncan Racing shift star modification

* Duncan Racing side case modification

* Duncan Racing clutch modification

* 35mm Kehin carburetors

* Pyramid reed valves

* Duncan Racing intake manifolds with boost bottle

* Pro Design Pro Flow air box intake manifold with K&N air filter and Outerwear

* Duncan Racing chrome front bumper

* 0 Hours on a brand new black painted chassis from the factory, still have old chassis for registration purpose

* Roll Design front Gullwing extended A-arms powder coated blue

* Roll Design Swing arm powder coated blue

* Roll Design chrome steering stem

* Roll Design chrome shift lever

* Roll Design kick up style foot pegs

* Roll Design handle bars clamp

* Blue Renthal handle bars

* Cascade polished aluminum front radiator grill

* Cascade high profile desert seat

* Cascade polished aluminum side case stator cover

* Cascade polished aluminum front and back brake reservoir covers

* Cascade Billet aluminum extended thumb throttle

* Cascade Billet aluminum gas cap

* Lone Star Axcaliber chrome extended axle

* DID Gold X-ring chain

Hello Banshee HQ. This is my first posting...I live in San Diego and am looking forward to maybe hooking up with some of you at Glamis or Gordons. I'm in the market for my first quad and have decided it will be a Banshee (of course!!) so I'm psyched while I look for MY Christmas present!!

A little bit of background on me... I've been riding cycles for many, many years and currently have a 2005 ZX10r and a 2000 YZ250. I recently sold my RZ350 I've owned since 1989 that had a milled head, porting by Tony Smith, polished power valves, Toomeys, 30 mm flat slides, polished rods, welded crank, lightened flywheel, reeds, spacers, Fox rear shock, aluminum swingarm modded from an FZ600, + a bunch of other tidbits. Kinda figured I'd stick with what I know a bit about. :thumbsup:

So I found this Banshee locally and thought I'd aks your opinion of the mods as far as how good the package would work in the dunes. I'm not going to be a huge jumper but I will get a little air. Definitely NOT jumping dune to dune!! Probably do some drags but mostly hitting the bowls and dune riding. Please note the -1 swingarm.

I'm guessing it probably needs to run on C12...I'd prefer pump gas but can deal with it.

* Complete Duncan Racing National Kit found at www.duncanracing.com

* Paul Turner triple chrome plated pipes with Fat Boy 2 Silencers

* Very low hours on complete rebuilt motor by Duncan Racing

* Crank shaft trued and welded by Duncan Racing

* Cylinders ported and polished by Duncan Racing

* Duncan Racing high compression billet aluminum Cool heads

* Duncan Racing billet aluminum water pump modification

* Duncan Racing shift star modification

* Duncan Racing side case modification

* Duncan Racing clutch modification

* 35mm Kehin carburetors

* Pyramid reed valves

* Duncan Racing intake manifolds with boost bottle

* Pro Design Pro Flow air box intake manifold with K&N air filter and Outerwear

* Duncan Racing chrome front bumper

* 0 Hours on a brand new black painted chassis from the factory, still have old chassis for registration purpose

* Roll Design front Gullwing extended A-arms powder coated blue

* Roll Design Swing arm powder coated blue

* Roll Design chrome steering stem

* Roll Design chrome shift lever

* Roll Design kick up style foot pegs

* Roll Design handle bars clamp

* Blue Renthal handle bars

* Cascade polished aluminum front radiator grill

* Cascade high profile desert seat

* Cascade polished aluminum side case stator cover

* Cascade polished aluminum front and back brake reservoir covers

* Cascade Billet aluminum extended thumb throttle

* Cascade Billet aluminum gas cap

* Lone Star Axcaliber chrome extended axle

* DID Gold X-ring chain

I'm not trying to start a builder war, but I think Duncan's banshee work is over priced and outdated...

I wouldn't pay extra just for their name on the motor. The chassis as decscibed sounds very nice...but you can get easily 70 plus reliable HPs out of OEM cylinders for duner, all day long...and it'll be easy yet a blast to ride.

Lenny and Loren have been around a long time, and back in the day they may have made an impressive motor...but, banshee motors and tuners have come a long way...I think there are better choices out there, and probably 1/3 to 1/2 the price...

I had the complete National Kit on my banshee. I wouldn't pay anything extra for the work but it was a great motor. I had the National "Hi-Rev" porting with the PT "Hi-Rev" pipes. It was great for duning and the every now and then drag. It did good and held its own on the drag strip against eqaully built machines, but I would look else where if your looking for a drag bike. It Didn't have much on the bottom with the Hi-Rev pipes and Hi-Rev porting so it wasn't very trail friendly but made a great Duner. Overall I would recommend it, I just wouldn't pay extra for it to say "national" on the jug.

Edited by fouledout2

Mods and bling factor alone that duncan bike is worth the 1300 extra. You will have to put some stuff into it for a dune machine but you can take the parts off of that Duncan bike and break even or even make a profit. Just make sure to get the recipts for everything. Also see how many bores are left in the cylinders.

Your Crank is already trued and welded witch is a huge plus! You could sell that for a couple hundred and get a stroker crank and a dune port for about a grand or so. You already have the coolhead intakes and carbs. Less if your going to sell parts off of it. Frame Tires Air Box/Filter ect.

Paul Turner triple chrome plated pipes with Fat Boy 2 Silencers- New they are around 900 w/ the tripple plate showroom chrome. If they are in really good shape you can sell them and get brand new or close to new (Chrome) T5s, CPIS, Shearers, GRR, Rockets ect for duning/drag

Remove that air box if your going to be duning. Ill buy it.

Sell the old Chassie. Ill buy it

Roll Design front Gullwing extended A-arms powder coated blue- If they are +2 sell them and buy quicksand +3s and pretty much break even

Roll Design Swing arm powder coated blue -1 - Roll Design makes top notch products so you could probably sell it and get a +4-8 Ebay swingarm and break even

Plus you have the shocks already on there so that will save you alot of $$$$

You can always switch out the smaller domes in there now for 21cc or 22cc for 70 dollars and run 93 pump gas

Also includes 2 front and 2 rear ITP Hole Shot knobby tires on blue anodized rims- Ill buy them!

Mods and bling factor alone that duncan bike is worth the 1300 extra. You will have to put some stuff into it for a dune machine but you can take the parts off of that Duncan bike and break even or even make a profit. Just make sure to get the recipts for everything. Also see how many bores are left in the cylinders.

Your Crank is already trued and welded witch is a huge plus! You could sell that for a couple hundred and get a stroker crank and a dune port for about a grand or so. You already have the coolhead intakes and carbs. Less if your going to sell parts off of it. Frame Tires Air Box/Filter ect.

Paul Turner triple chrome plated pipes with Fat Boy 2 Silencers- New they are around 900 w/ the tripple plate showroom chrome. If they are in really good shape you can sell them and get brand new or close to new (Chrome) T5s, CPIS, Shearers, GRR, Rockets ect for duning/drag

Remove that air box if your going to be duning. Ill buy it.

Sell the old Chassie. Ill buy it

Roll Design front Gullwing extended A-arms powder coated blue- If they are +2 sell them and buy quicksand +3s and pretty much break even

Roll Design Swing arm powder coated blue -1 - Roll Design makes top notch products so you could probably sell it and get a +4-8 Ebay swingarm and break even

Plus you have the shocks already on there so that will save you alot of $$$$

You can always switch out the smaller domes in there now for 21cc or 22cc for 70 dollars and run 93 pump gas

Also includes 2 front and 2 rear ITP Hole Shot knobby tires on blue anodized rims- Ill buy them!

Why should he buy this bike then strip it down and buy all new stuff - the bike is set up very well as it is

Edited by Tim C

Funny, Sell off the best made aftermarket suspension for some EBAY crap. Boy that would be the way to go!!!!!!!!

if you don't buy the Duncan Bike tell me where it is because I will. There is no substitute for the Roll Design Suspension, and Duncan builds some of the nicest smoothest power delivering Banshee's out there. So don't hesitate to spend the extra 1300 and get the Duncan Bike.

If you have any questions or want more info please PM me and we can talk. I have had an identical built bike with the Roll Design Stuff and you won't be disapointed.

Here's a pic of my old bike.

sorry bro but havent tryed many builders if thats the case... duncae bike are no where what they used to be! back in the day yea they WERE top notch but thats not the case any more they really dont impress me much... yea the aftermarket parts are great but the duncan mods im not a fan

Is this the Ebay Banshee? I know someone else who was looking at it also. The thing that spooked him away was that the Engine was re-built 3 years ago. And as usual this is another one of those deals, re-built engine never rode the thing. There are sure alot of people who dump a grand into their machines just to sell them :whistling: The other thing is the frame was badly bent in a crash, that is why it has a new frame. Not to say everything wasn't put back just right but you never know. Bottom line, this guy has definetly put alot of money into this Banshee. If the engine truly only has a few hours on it and there is no lingering affects from the bent frame crash, then you have a great bike. If not with this type of engine you can expect to put some big money in it to have what you thought you were getting to start with. You will just have to decide if this guy is a straight shooter. Best of Luck, let us know how it turns out.