Bike for the Wife

Jhughes7

My first choice would still be the Kawie 450 and if I was looking at a polaris it would be the 525 outlaw. Since they dont make the motor it may have a little more reliability coming from KTM and not polaris. Everybody claims it is going to be the fastest production quad made. Still I would hold out for the KFX-450.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why its a turd, my brother has one and it almost isnt any fun to ride.

Let me guess. It is just a little faster than the 80's Yamaha Moto 4's.

Yea you might think it is a turd but your forgetting that this machine is for his wife. It is a pretty safe bet that his wife is going to be more concerned with COMFORT and EASY OF RIDEABILITY, than having the fastest machine on the planet and jumping it off of 10 story buildings.

Like I said your going to have people tell you how UnCool the Z400, KFX400, and Artic Cat 400 are. It is going to be one of the best riding machine for your wife.

josh

• 3 weeks later...

I have rode both

the first thing i noticed on the trx was the awsome suspension but seamed a little narrow with a set of +2 a-arms it would ride a little softer and give it a wider stance and would b a perfect bike if your getting a 06' or newer. if not the trx has a really hard to kick backasswards kick start that i know my wife would have a hard time starting. the yfz has a electric start and it sits a little wider but the seat height is considerably higher wich makes it feel alittle top heavy and the supension is stiffer than shit so its a workout keeping it on all 4 (that's on the sand). on the other hand it has considerably more power than the trx. i haven't read all the replies so i don't know if the suzuki 450 was suggested or not. the suzuki 450 with a k&n and a yoshimaura cherry bomb(a $40 upgrade) and the baffle removed from the stock exaust will spank both the trx and the yfz power wise and has a lower center of gravity, wider stance, softer ride, way lower seat hieght and electric start. the only bad thing is the really stiff seat that the supension more than compansates for. I have rode all of the above and this is just my personal oponion! :shrug:

We have a TRX 450 too. Now it's wide +2 now but even before than, a smooth take off & quick off the throttle. Now it's cam'd pipe'd exhaust n' stuff & the girls have no problem riding the Honda. And they aren't always experienced but will be sometime. I've been teaching my girl to ride the Banshee, she's rippin it on the throttle. Now she knows to position the quad where she won't be stuck.. and need reverse. So they'll learn. After learning to ride the Banshee she'll have no prob riding and 400 or 450.

The TRX kicker is easy to kick over. The kicker is double the Banshee's kicker size.

bikepics-752547-full.jpg

Bro's girl rides the red Honda, no probs in the trails nor dune.

GormanTrails040.jpg

PismoBeach093.jpg

I also think you should look at the Raptor 700. My wife wanted a Rhino too, after driving a Ranger, but there aren't many places for us to ride it, so she chose the Grizzly 700. I wish she had the desire for a sport quad. Good luck and it doessn''t sound like she'll be disappointed either way.

Edited by nomad

My wife never rides and she can climb on a 400ex and ride it with no problem, the power is perfect and the torque keeps her from stalling every other minute. The new ones even have reverse. The 450's are a little more high strung and need more revs and clutch work IMO. The KFX700's are nice, but awfully big for a woman to handle.