swingarm pivot bolt hellppp

bertski077

im trying to replace my swingarm bearings...i took the nut off the pivot bolt...but the pivot bolt wont slide out, i tried beating it and beating it but it wont come out...i got it to come out about 1/16 of an inch thats bout it...any thing would help, thanks alot.

put the nut back on, but don't tighten it all the way down and smack that bitch with a huge sledge hammer

they can be a real bastard to get out if the sleave inside is rusted to the bolt. you may need some heat and someone with an air wrench on the other side turning it as you smack it.

Good luck

this might seem like a stupid question but are you taking all the weigth off the swing arm while hitting it or are you just lifting the back of the bike off the ground and trying to beat it out? get a buddy to help you... have hium pull up on the rear and as you hit move the swinger up and down.. once the bolt gets through the first side then he has got to move it up and down and turn it from side to side to help get the tensio off the bolt...

yeah i have the bike supported by a stand and the rear wheels are off...if i sawzall it how much would that help b/c i culd only saw zall the tip of the bolt...and if i heat it up where would i heat it up b/c the heat would have to penetrate the swingarm and the housing the bolt slides through?? thanks for the tip im gonna be at it again tomm. so let me know asap.