Finished Basement

Brian060

Hey guys,

We're finally getting around to finishing our basement and I need some ideas of what to put downt there. Obviously a TV, some couches, and maybe a computer. Post up some pictures of your basements, entertainment systems, and any suggestions of what I should throw down there. Merry Christmas :beer:

Iam a electrician and have wired quite a few sweet basements so Ill throw in my .02..

I personaly would do most ALL can lights.. Most basements due to duct work and other stuff have low celings so can lights in some places are the only option but I think they look best anyways.. Wall sconce and up lighting in areas where cans arn't a option(due to werid sofits/framing ect)usually turn out nice to. I think built in enetertainment centers are cool.. Have them throw in some small cans or puck lights up in there to light er up.. Think arches can be sweet also, for like the hallways and in the entertainment centers.. Not sure if you can afford or have thought about it but if you want anything like built in speakers or anything I would think about atleast pre-wiring for that.. One of the bad things about finishing basements is you obviously make it MUCH more difficult to add anything later.. Some people like I said pre-wire for later or pipe it for easy fishing.. The good news is any sort of low voltage wiring can be done by you with no problem.. Sorry Iam kinda rambling and probably not really helping a whole lot but Iam looking at it all from a electrical/wireing stand point.. :biggrin:

Here is a link to one of the companies our company does work for.. If you look closely you can see some examples or arches, up lighing, and built in cabs/entertainment centers like I described..

http://www.basements4you.com/basements/default.aspx

RIPPEN

holy shit rippen!! i'd have to sell my home that sit's above my basement to finish my basement like those pic's. :yelrotflmao:

Yeah-LOL I know what you mean... Iam in that boat too.. Its like anything else, you can do it dirt cheap or you can get all the bells and whistles.. That company does really good work and even "simple" basements are pretty damn custom. Allot of money to be made in basements...

RIPPEN