Post your Beast

Dmcbanshee

Hammer I will ask again. Do you have your paddles on backwards?

Nope! :whistling:

Yeah, I just threw them on for that pic, I was in a hurry so I wasn't paying much attention to which wheel/tire I threw to which side. I normally run Razrs, but I just got those when I took that pic so I figured I'd snap some pics with them on the bike.

All 4 sides of my 01 bagger, as seen before :thumbsup:

Firstripoftheseason001.jpg

Firstripoftheseason002.jpg

Firstripoftheseason006.jpg

RippinApril27-08003.jpg

Yes it gets ripped around the track some weekends :wink:

Edited by savage420

In your opinion, what does make a motocross Banshee?

Personally, I think if it's ridden on a motocross track, it's basically a motocross bike. I'm not on a quadcross circuit, because I wouldn't want to limit myself to just riding tracks, and I couldn't afford to race every weekend even if it's all I wanted to do. I do just fine with it on a track, though.

I'm not trying to knock anyones Banshee but things like suspension, wider a-arms, and a wider axle play a big role.. If I could start over, I'd have saved the pipes for last..

i agree with you 100% but i have stock arms and suspension ....and yes the suspension sux but my banshee is not narrow at all...because of my budget i bought offset wheels instead of a $400 axle and $800 a-arms ....regardless it handles about as good as a stock suspension shee is gonna handle...and like i said its a work in progress ...but at the moment i found another complete bike worth the money so im parting this bike out...everything but the motor, wheels , and tires....how do you like those pro taper bars?

I can agree that if you want to be competitive in MX you definitely have to spend a small fortune on suspension for the Banshee. It just depends on how much you're leaning toward building a 100% motocross machine.

min is completely set up for mx and it is still rough to ride, much much better than a stock or near stock setup , but still rougher than some stock suspension 450s Ive been on. Except mine is wider and turns harder. Here is a pic at the track on a stock susp except the +2 a`s....

bansheerace1.jpg

It was EXTREMELY hard to ride, and this was with +2 a arms. Offset wheels on stock a arms and shocks is really going to suck!

Here is my current setup.....

BADASSBANSHEE006.jpg

BADASSBANSHEE004.jpg

min is completely set up for mx and it is still rough to ride, much much better than a stock or near stock setup , but still rougher than some stock suspension 450s Ive been on. Except mine is wider and turns harder. Here is a pic at the track on a stock susp except the +2 a`s....

bansheerace1.jpg

It was EXTREMELY hard to ride, and this was with +2 a arms. Offset wheels on stock a arms and shocks is really going to suck!

Here is my current setup.....

BADASSBANSHEE006.jpg

BADASSBANSHEE004.jpg

Nice! An AC Racing bumper would make it even nicer.. Cool colors.. What A-Arms are those?

Nice! An AC Racing bumper would make it even nicer.. Cool colors.. What A-Arms are those?

thanks. Im going to get a duncan chrome bumper that resembles the ims intimidators. IMS doesnt make em for banshee anymore. The a`s are asr +3+1 which I had modified for proper squat and will prob be selling them for some burgard +4+1`s soon.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks. Im going to get a duncan chrome bumper that resembles the ims intimidators. IMS doesnt make em for banshee anymore. The a`s are asr +3+1 which I had modified for proper squat and will prob be selling them for some burgard +4+1`s soon.

Hey Fastr....is that you racing at Big Cypress? If so... I went there a couple weeks ago on my stock shee.....thought that I could handle this track regardless....HA....was I wrong.. I was whipped on one lap. Is it because of the suspension or what????

Hey Fastr....is that you racing at Big Cypress? If so... I went there a couple weeks ago on my stock shee.....thought that I could handle this track regardless....HA....was I wrong.. I was whipped on one lap. Is it because of the suspension or what????

yea, that was at one of the races back in feb. at big cypress. I was in heat 12 every race and it sucked after being rutted up after all the bikes. Its rough on a stock suspension. Im going to be heading back there soon. The track doesnt look so bad just looking at it and walking it, but it kicks your ass! I havent been riding as much the past month, and need to get the arms in shape for that pump. I run on a twist throttle too. :ermm:

It must be tough to ride that track on a twist throttle because your all over the shee, whether doing doubles, turns, rutted dirt bike trails left by the bikes, etc. Like I said you gotta be in either great shape or have a suspension from God. I was so winded that I couldn't believe how tough it is.

I couldn't imagine doing that for a living.... but I love the thrill of MX. I only been their once and wasn't use to all the doubles, triples and flat tops so I took it easy. But I when i took a break from the track I would watch the bikes jump those triples like its nothing and they clear the tabletops like its nothing. Can we do that on quads or would we eat it.

I'm planning on going to some practice session if I get a chance. They do that on Thurs, Sats and Suns. Let me know if you go out there.... I like to watch you rip it up!

DMC,

I can honestly say the before I bought my Banshee I did a youtube search and found your videos. They ultimately are what pushed me over the edge to buy one. I love the "can can" with the frog boots. Make me laugh everytime. And the unexpecting 400ex guy is good one as well. Thanks for the great footage.

SCEADU