Post your Beast

Dmcbanshee

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know some of you guys have seen this pick... So I guess for those that havent, here is my "wherever I ride beast" It does just fine on an MX Track tho. I havent entered and raced any MX races but I would, I hang with fast guys on tRX's all day.... Like my buddies in the backround. Hes faster than me but doesnt make my bike look like it shouldnt be out there thats for sure. And there nothing hes hitting that I'm not either. So call it what youj will I guess, I know I'll take anyone who wants it in the trails tho! lol

THEBANSHEE001.jpg

It looks nice; i really like the blue and white 98's.

• 2 weeks later...

there are some nice looking bikes in this thread and also some basic trail stock bikes. there have been a few questions on what makes a mx banshee? well i dont care if i pev some peep's off SO:

of course those lsr and laeger's full frames are the ultimate in good geometry and banshee power BUT most of us cant afford one or find one for a decent price..

as far as a stocker goes.

the reason for the -1 swingarm IS with a set of +1 forward a-arms you actually change the relationship of the center line of the motor. you actually move the whole balance of the banshee back one inch it makes for a much more balanced jumping bike and also makes it easier to ride. ALSO if you are going to buy NEW a-arms get at least +3's and run the INSET wheels even the 1/4's offset like stock. you need to keep the geometry and relation of the ball joints and the bottom of the tire straight if you have offset out wheels you are fighting yourself and causing a lot of unecessary arm pump. i can try and explain it more but its easier if i can find a picture to show the balljoint relationship i cannot rember the official word for it. the 2-1 pipe is a piece of shit you might as well keep your stocker's and i agree if you actually want to MX a banshee do as much suspension work as you can and leave the motor relatively stock only a few pipes ( and no not even turners) make as much lower end as stockers. NO the stockers WONT rev on top and the porting will hold you back.

id say a MX banshee should have at minimum, front a-arms, +1 forward +2's or +3 wider -1 swingarm with a round type carrier in it, +4 axle , and better tires preferably 18's or 20's on back and as thin a top profile fronts as you can get like a mx type tire. spend time with your suspension setting it up to not buck through whoops and learn how to use all your brakes...

i raced for 5 years before the 4 pokes came out. and stoped after a car accident hurt my knee. i was never very good at actual racing cause i was a lazy fat guy (ha!) but the bikes i set up were consistant podium finishers. ( i did manage a 3rd place state champion in 2000.)

the real "secret" to MX racing is bike set up, maintenance and the MOST important is being IN shape, knowing how to RIDE and having a PROFESSIONAL teach you things to get you in shape and what style of riding works for you.. more often i saw people riding bikes that had the wrong bars, brake lever clutch lever placement and shifters that were all placed wrong. suspension all messed up and no training or track shapeup inbetween moto's..

the relationship of the ball joints and the centerline of the tire is called steering axis inclination. (spelling?) or SAI i'll try and find a picture of it..

or think about it like this. look at the front of your banshee and draw a straight line from the top ball joint down to the bottom the CENTER of the tire needs the line up to the bottom of the line the more positive the more tire scrub you have and the more effort it takes for you to turn it.. also the terrain has more ability to bump steer your bars.. ths part of front end geometry is mostly ignored or not really known about. in an effort to get more "width"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

heres mine, just did a full rebuild, got the cylinders bored and ported, painted the frame and hubs. It has 1.5" spacers, fmf fattys and fmf powercore 2's, holeshot xcrs, renthal fat bars and some other stuff. I love my Banshee and I can't wait to get more stuff for it, these things are the best without a doubt

2jbqyrc.jpg

1ruouu.jpg