Xbox 360 "Bricked"

Any of you fine fellas with 360's out there.

Did yours quit working after the lasst update?

Mine started freezing, I was gone all this week came home itching to try this Sneak King from BK and bam fucker gives me the 3 red lights.

Seen quite a few posts on xbox.com over it and previous updates doing the same thing, just curious if any other HQers had the problem and if they got it resolved without the $139.90 they are asking to fix THEIR screwup.

No probs here, have a buddy that has been through 2 units and he said that most of them were from the 1st release units. I also heard some of the units have a greater tendency to do that if they are sitting on their side vs flat on the bottom.

No clearing the HD wouldn't help it was a firmware update for 1080p or 1080i compatability issues.

The boyfriend of my fiancees' best friend knows two guys at work that had the same problem. I managed to get mine running again by unplugging the power unit from the wall and let the light fade out which got it to boot but freeze within 5 seconds. Than tried what the guys refered to as the "towel method" put a t-shirt/towel on the back vent where the power cord,lan, video cables connect and back it against something like a wall. Let it run for about 3-4minutes, turn it off, remove the shirt and start it back up. Worked for me for now. I got about an hour and a half of playing that BK game Sneak King (quite hilarious I may add) before it locked up. I'll probably try loading up a more intense game like GOW, dead rising later and see if it doesn't implode on itself some more.

Some people had problems with the fall update (if you have live). Mine hasent had any issues at all and I got it last Christmas. Lay it horizontal and make sure that is plenty of space around it for any heat issues (dont get the add on fan for the back).

For anyone who has live add me: KillaBanshee :biggrin:

Edited by Banshee~