MMA/UFC fans

RIPPEN

:beer:

Where is the source? I look at several MMA boards and I haven't seen any proof yet.

You are right in saying that Cro Cop is a heavyweight now, or at least that he has fought as a heavyweight throughout his MMA career. However, cutting fifteen pounds is not very difficult, and doesn't affect one's performance as much as you'd think. High school wrestlers do it all the time. Rich Franklin used to fight at 205 and he dropped down to 185 and held the title for awhile. Matt Hughes (who fights at 170) weighs about 190 before he starts cutting weight. Joe Riggs used to fight at 185 and now fights at 170. There are many examples of this and I could go on forever.

Crop Cop has stated that he didn't drop to 205 in the past because he thought there was a higher level of competition for him at the heavyweight level.

So, realistically, Cro Cop could fight in either the heavyweight or light heavyweight division. Personally, I believe he could hold both titles simultaneously.

Agree 100% :beer:

RIPPEN

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so...can't stand Tito.

There was a big to do about wanderlei silva fighting Liddel a while back. Then Cro Cop handed it to him. It simmered down after that.

I don't think Cro Cop's ground game is GREAT...but, it's sufficient enough if someone has the balls to get past his fists and that left kick...:)

I hope he does come over to UFC...I think he's smart enough to know that's where the money and exposure is.

Yes he has. He lost by decision.

VIDEO HERE

Some good new fighters are welcome to the UFC IMO, it hasn't really been very exciting for the last year or so.

that was a badass fight. looks like fedor neutralized that left kick pretty well.. fedor was def controlling that fight standing up and on the ground. i watched a tv show on pride one time and they were talkin like fedor might be the baddest dude in pride fighting...

that was a badass fight. looks like fedor neutralized that left kick pretty well.. fedor was def controlling that fight standing up and on the ground. i watched a tv show on pride one time and they were talkin like fedor might be the baddest dude in pride fighting...

Yeah Fedor is a badass, allot of guys just plain out get destroyed by him. To go the distance says something in itself..

I belive Fedor IS arguebly(sp) the best in the world. IMO the guys in pride are a step above UFC in general. Dont get me wrong, UFC has some badasses but there are just tons of guys in pride that are phenominal. However with talks of Pride being up for sale its it seems some fighters are making a change... Its still pretty much a rumor from what I read that Prides selling but there is definatly something going on. I belive Quinton Jackson is another that is suposed to come over or is. This year was kinda stagnant to me to compared to the year or two before but like I said in a previous post, 07 is gonna be nuts.. TUF show is(I belive) gonna be ALL light weights this year whitch will be cool to watch. There isn't a whole lot of LW fights that are boreing.

Oh and in case you guys are curious who Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovFomUvbxzI...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAfwtpUZGc...ted&search=

RIPPEN