powder coated wheels.

sand rocket

I'd like to do the rings on my beadlocks, would the coating chip when a washer & bolt it tightened against it?, can a polished peice be coated or dose it need a scotchbrighting to adheare?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to do the rings on my beadlocks, would the coating chip when a washer & bolt it tightened against it?, can a polished peice be coated or dose it need a scotchbrighting to adheare?

If you reff on the bolts the washes after time will dig into the coating. Yes polished can be coated, that is what the red and blue wheels were. Polished then coated.

yeah thats the gold. not exact to the old school rims but i still like it. i always liked the old school kid. i dont know why. i think it is becuase when i was a little kid i saw a 250r with gold rims and i love the look. u said 25 each for the 4 rims right. what if the rims are already polished. would the price be cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

All depends. I have heard of some shops asking for the person having the work done to bring things preped, and ready for coating, asking $300 for a single color. The shop I work for we do all the sandblasting, tape work, plugging, and what not in house. We get about $200-300(size of frame) for a single color(I.E. black, blue red, green... ) For two stage colors(trans, chrome clear, candy colors) those are around $350-450(size of frame)

My 1998 frame is a two stage Vein blue (for sale)

IMG_6677.JPG