More pressure coming out of one pipe

tmac20031

Whats going on with the HQ?

Well, anyways I finally checked the compression and both sides were near the same compression so I finally get to rule that out. So now what? Im not sure what could be the peoblem so if anybody could shed light on what I should do next I would appreciate it. Thanks

Whats going on with the HQ?

Well, anyways I finally checked the compression and both sides were near the same compression so I finally get to rule that out. So now what? Im not sure what could be the peoblem so if anybody could shed light on what I should do next I would appreciate it. Thanks

:confused: anybody, any clue?

Is the Idle and carb cable synced. One carb could have the idle set a little faster. That would cause your situation.

You need to get one of these from www.farmandsandtoys.com. A newbe could sync a pair of carbs dead on with this tool.

copy and paste this in the web address. That is where to buy it from Jeff at FAST.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=59

carb%20sync%20tool%20with%20adaptor.JPG

Is the Idle and carb cable synced. One carb could have the idle set a little faster. That would cause your situation.

You need to get one of these from www.farmandsandtoys.com. A newbe could sync a pair of carbs dead on with this tool.

copy and paste this in the web address. That is where to buy it from Jeff at FAST.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=59

carb%20sync%20tool%20with%20adaptor.JPG

Ive had that in the back of my head but I really havent checked because I remember syncing all that as well as the air screws a while back but I guess Its time to check it again. Ill see if that might be the problem. Thanks.

air screws do NOT sync your carbs, the hex brass adapters on top of the carb caps do...

You need to do two adjustments. One is idle, to make sure they are the same. Then, give it 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and measure the vacuum with the tool jbooker showed you. That thing works, period.

Use the brass adjusters to make sure they're both even... then you're set....

Well I dont know what its is :banghead: . I checked the carburators by eye( took the airfilter and looked through the intake). It looks fine to me, both slides look to be insync when I press the throttle and the idle srews are tuned the best they can get . I just cant see why the majority of the smoke comes out the left side, its really noticable when Im haulin @ss. And Im pretty sure both pistons are fireing as well because I switched the spark plug caps around and its the same. Is this just supposed to happen, Id like a miracle response If anybody has one.

Edited by tmac20031

is it just doing it at idle? and it runs fine?

No, you can actually see it more clearly when Im going fast. You can clearly see blue smoke coming out, but only on the left side. I mean the right side does fire, the signs are everywhere(the pipes warm up on both side, I switchced the plug caps etc, etc.)but that right side just doesnt seem as strong as the left.

Well I dont know what its is :banghead: . I checked the carburators by eye( took the airfilter and looked through the intake). It looks fine to me, both slides look to be insync when I press the throttle and the idle srews are tuned the best they can get . I just cant see why the majority of the smoke comes out the left side, its really noticable when Im haulin @ss. And Im pretty sure both pistons are fireing as well because I switched the spark plug caps around and its the same. Is this just supposed to happen, Id like a miracle response If anybody has one.

Synching your carbs by eye isn't accurate at all. I bought one of the carb tools from Jeff, and checked mine, and they were both off at idle, and on up in the RPM's. It doesn't take much of a difference between the air mixture screw adjustments, idle screw adjustments, and/or throttle cable adjustments to make one side a little richer than the other. The side that is rich will smoke more. If you're that worried about it, spend the money, buy the carb synch tool, and do it right. If your compression is good in both sides, and there isn't anything wrong with either exhaust, then it has to be carbs, or reeds.

What were the compression readings?

Well, it was tested hot so the readings were a little low, they both read out at 60lbs each.

Synching your carbs by eye isn't accurate at all. I bought one of the carb tools from Jeff, and checked mine, and they were both off at idle, and on up in the RPM's. It doesn't take much of a difference between the air mixture screw adjustments, idle screw adjustments, and/or throttle cable adjustments to make one side a little richer than the other. The side that is rich will smoke more. If you're that worried about it, spend the money, buy the carb synch tool, and do it right. If your compression is good in both sides, and there isn't anything wrong with either exhaust, then it has to be carbs, or reeds.

Yeah, good point. I have come up with that conclusion so thats what Im going to do. Im going to check the reeds cause I havent done that yet, but I guess Im going to have to get the carb sync tool if the reeds checkout. thanks

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED :beer:

Edited by tmac20031