2-stroke gas in your truck

StrRacerX

Anyone ever hear of this? I was out in Glamis for Thanksgiving and someone filled their truck with the left over gas from the banshee. He said it wouldn't mess anything up, the gas burns and the oil cleans valves, or some crap like that. Any scientific opinions?

Anyone ever hear of this? I was out in Glamis for Thanksgiving and someone filled their truck with the left over gas from the banshee. He said it wouldn't mess anything up, the gas burns and the oil cleans valves, or some crap like that. Any scientific opinions?

I run my leftovers through my truck........

mixed or not......

methanol and race fuel......

Did he put gas mixed with oil in his truck?

I run my leftovers through my truck........

mixed or not......

methanol and race fuel......

Are you using leaded race gas? A small amount of methanol isn't bad mixed with gas but methanol is highly corrosive. If you're running leaded gas in a truck with O2 sensors, it will ruin the O2 sensors.

I put a couple of gallons of 110 race unleaded mixed from my shee, Truck did not like it, its a 89 1ton gmc with a 350 throttle body injection, runs like shit, wants to stall out now. I think the computer has a hard time reading the o2 sensors. I have'nt scanned it yet to see what codes are pulling up, just parked the truck for winter, I'll look at it when spring comes around.

I thought of doing this to. I know it wouldnt hurt anything just make it smoke a little. I did think it would make my CEL come on until it ran through. Mine dont like that ethonal (sp) crap. I ran the 100oct that had alot of the ethonal in it and it made my CEL come on until I put regular gas in it. I dont know if it is to good for your Cat Converter. Course I dont have one on my truck anymore. When I took it off I had to get one of those cheat plugs for the O2 for the one thats is after the CAT so the CEL wouldnt stay on.

For you that dont know what the CEL is its Check Engine Light.

Did he put gas mixed with oil in his truck?

Are you using leaded race gas? A small amount of methanol isn't bad mixed with gas but methanol is highly corrosive. If you're running leaded gas in a truck with O2 sensors, it will ruin the O2 sensors.

my truck is a 2006 Lincoln Mark LT

it has a flex fuel motor so it is made to run on ethanol/e85

I have run about 150 gallons of Methanol through it with no problems yet....

and probably 30 gallons of sonoco purple.....

all of the race fuel was mixed with castor 927 and about 80% of the methanol was mixed with castor 927 or benol...

it smokes a little bit with the mixed race fuel because that is my purge fuel and it is mixed pretty thick

around 22-24:1

haven't had a problem yet....

I put a couple of gallons of 110 race unleaded mixed from my shee, Truck did not like it, its a 89 1ton gmc with a 350 throttle body injection, runs like shit, wants to stall out now. I think the computer has a hard time reading the o2 sensors. I have'nt scanned it yet to see what codes are pulling up, just parked the truck for winter, I'll look at it when spring comes around.

it run like shit because you have a low compression 350 in it and the race gas doesnt combust as hot a low grade fuel.