Banshee vs. CRF450

baddsheee

I thought a Banshee with a decent port would kill a 250 dirtbike and from what Ive heard the 450s arent that much faster than the 250s? Wrong?

I'd like to know more about this too, that is the way it would seem to me. I know the 450 has more useable power, but that much more?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a crf450 hybrid... my friend has the db version and when I had my 'shee it could barely come within 5 lengths of my hybrid.. the db wasn't even a race :verymad: . If you want to race him and not look too bad do it on concrete and pray he doesn't know how to holeshot on pavement. Like stated above it takes some SERIOUS mods to make a 'shee run with a crf450.

Also... NO I banshee with a decent port will not KILL a 250 bike... just makes it an even race....

Mike

I thought a Banshee with a decent port would kill a 250 dirtbike and from what Ive heard the 450s arent that much faster than the 250s? Wrong?

You're forgetting that dirtbikes are around 150 lbs lighter than a banshee. So what if a piped and lightly modded banshee has as much hp as a 250/450 bike, it still weighs a bunch more. It would take about 20 more hp on the quad to get the power to weight ratio the same as the bike.

Edited by dawarriorman