keihn style carbs?

yamahakid1

How much are they. Are they really 30mm? I see people saying that they got 30mm keihin carbs, but accoriding to keihins web page they dont even make a 30mm. They Make a 28mm but is it really worth spening that cash to gain +2mm.

I got a real set of Keihin Pwk 33mm carbs from Jeff at FAST for around 300-320 bucks for the pair.

Are these poorly made carbs or do they come from the same base warehouse and just not from keihn? There is some 30mm keihn style carbs on ebay im wondering if its worth it?

Quite a few people think they have 28 mm carbs by measuring the diameter where it tucks into the manifold. Stock carbs are really 26 mm diameter where they are machined down in the throat of the carb. If those Keihns are a true 28 mm, thats already got 15 percent more area of flow than stock. If they are 30 mm, thats' more than 30 percent more area of flow than stock! That quite a bit. Is that too large?

Quite a few people think they have 28 mm carbs by measuring the diameter where it tucks into the manifold. Stock carbs are really 26 mm diameter where they are machined down in the throat of the carb. If those Keihns are a true 28 mm, thats already got 15 percent more area of flow than stock. If they are 30 mm, thats' more than 30 percent more area of flow than stock! That quite a bit. Is that too large?

too large for me? No not at all i have a full mx porting, so i could use it definately

too large for me? No not at all i have a full mx porting, so i could use it definately

I run dual 33 PWK carbs. Jeff at FAST said that the 28mm carbs would be good on just a piped shee. He said if you do any kind of porting he recomended at least 33 PWK's, heck duncans web page only lists PJ34mm and PWK 35mm.