problems after advance timing

dirtbike77

i have a banshee, with the two into one set up.... i just recently modified my stock stator plate to advnance the timing a bit and i cranked the bike up and it idle and ran fine when i rev'ed it up....

i took it out down the block it was running pretty good the bike was still cold so it was still trying to clear out a bit.....

all of a sudden when i punched it to take of it would die down? it would idle fine but would sound like its getttin ready to cut off when i rev'ed it?

made it back home checked the carb? '' fine ' jets clean''?

check for a sheded key and loose flywheel? ''both were fine''?

the bike has no tors?

i even switched the stor and flywheel off another engine i had laying around and the same thing?

ghuys ant help would be greatly appreciated

You shouldn't have to change jetting or mixtures screws for timing advances, especially a small one from modding the stock plate.

So...you've tried several jet comobs and settings, starts fine, idles fine...but falls on it's face when put in gear under a load?

Air leak or electrical....

Try a leak down test.

yes i tried adjusting the air screws and nothing...

it ildes fine and soon as you hit the gas the bike falls flat on its face

Sorry I should of phrazed it better. I was asking for myself because I just did my timing. Also I just had somewhat of the same problem but I was also fouling plugs,I took carbs apart and cleaned now its perfect. I think the floats may of been sticking. Im new to this game so dont take that to the bank just seemed to work for me...

as far as it being eletrical wat else can it be.....?

i cleaned the carb twice and i know its clean,,, i checked the needle abd seat and its wiered becuz every now and then itll start leaking out the over flow?

A locol shop was telling me that if you have the stock caps on your carbs and you get water or mud into your plug connector on your stock caps it will play games with the way your carbs work...Just food for thought.