My 87 Banshee

87sheerips

OK, so my buddy has been talkin a lot o shit about his 250 R and how it screams with his 4mil stroker and higher compresion. he also got some minor port work done. I let him ramble on about how im going to eat shit and die in a drag race, bla bla bla. SO we set up a time for the next day to line em up. keep in mind i havent started the shee in a couple months, and dont even know If im jetted in for this colder weather. SO, my buddy shows up, with a friend sportin a HRC kitted 450- nice ass lookin bike. I fire my banshee up, its fuckin diealed in!!. Didnt touch the jets, but the plugs looked good so i said lets run em!

We all line up on the dirt road, and Im gone, leaving them both at the starting line!! So im pretty happy. I give the guys a little head start, by 4th gear im rollin past, 5th and 6th--gone again!!

SO all in all, im damn happy with my 20 year old bike(drag ported and a 15/41 gear with fmf gold series and 20cc domes) to beat a brand new $8000 machine, and a 250R that was all hyped up.

SO HONDA, what do you have to say???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

congradulations on youre win. its such a great feeling to know youre faster than the next guy. i guess thats why so many people are addicted to drag racing.

what a coincidencethat i drag raced a 250r last weekend as well. this guy told me his 250r had a high performance piston, big bore kit and a camshaft as well as the usual clamp on fake k&n filter. he was talking up his 250r like it was heroin. i didnt know 2 strokes came with camshafts! well i tell you what when we both took off from the starting line i just destroyed him. by the time he got 50 foot out of the hole i was 100 feet away. so after spaking him over and over again he tells me that banshees are quick outa the hole but his 250r is a top end bike and if we race from a rolling start he will beat me.

so we race from a rolling start in 3rd and once again the banshee with its world destroying power let me jump out in front. it wasnt even a race!

i also took on a 400ex with a 440cc big bore kit and high compression piston, drag cam, hmf exhaust and small front sprocket and again a fake k&n clamp on filter. again it was no compatition. i destroyed that 440ex like it was a 250ex from a rolling start as well as a race from a stop.

and both riders of these 2 atv's probably weighed 130lbs less than me!

gotta love the banshee.

i know i sound a bit cocky, i know theres some wocked 250r's out there as well at 400ex's, but come on its not like there is very many of those wicked bikes cruising around.

• 1 month later...
i like how this is posted in the rides of shame section hahha

sounds like a ride of glory to me....

He was being sympathetic, you know, putting himself in other people's shoe's. Since there were 2 of the 3 that had rides of shame. :laugh: