How to Make a MX Banshee

BrianEb

I been taking my shee to some local practice tracks here in MI. i.e. (Sandbox, and Pro Source indoor)

Well the first year I went to Baja MX in Michigan and that track beat the Shit out of me with stock suspension. So I upgraded to SoCal +2 +1 arms and Elkas. My arms still took a little bit of a beating

upgraded to the Faast Flex Bars. They seem to help trememdously.

What should my next step be to help smooth out the Banshee ride.

Here is what I have so far.

You can get away a lot cheaper on the axl, check out the G Force on Rocky Mountain, also depending on the terrain, you could always go with a -1 swinger, should give you a little more bit. Also go with the typical low end mods, timing advance, milled head or cool head. Definately gonna neeed an MX port job too! Don't forget reeds. I think it is worth it, I don't run MX but I do run trails, and even with my limited mods, I can out run piped YFZs and 450rs. Get some good tires, and I don't think you'll be dissapointed at all.

invest in some good shocks before you do anything else. The engine power will do little for the problems you are describing.

Concentrate on the suspension then do the engine mods.

I highly reccomend the PEP ZPS shocks, or the Elka's.

Install a -1.5 swingarm to move the center of gravity back, plus install some AC nerf bars with the pegs moved back and down. Both of these items will help tremendously with the handling of the bike.

AFter all of this then find some used YFZ spindles and hubs and brakes and install them. The spindles from the YFZ will allow quicker turning and better all around handling.

Or do the ultimate and buy a Lonestar Outlaw Chassis like mine and be done with it. 250R geo frame and ZPS shocks, there is not a better handling Banshee out there. The 250R geo is what makes the difference.

PM me if you have any other questions.

He doesnt need better shocks he says he has Elkas

invest in some good shocks before you do anything else. The engine power will do little for the problems you are describing.

Concentrate on the suspension then do the engine mods.

I highly reccomend the PEP ZPS shocks, or the Elka's.

Install a -1.5 swingarm to move the center of gravity back, plus install some AC nerf bars with the pegs moved back and down. Both of these items will help tremendously with the handling of the bike.

AFter all of this then find some used YFZ spindles and hubs and brakes and install them. The spindles from the YFZ will allow quicker turning and better all around handling.

Or do the ultimate and buy a Lonestar Outlaw Chassis like mine and be done with it. 250R geo frame and ZPS shocks, there is not a better handling Banshee out there. The 250R geo is what makes the difference.

PM me if you have any other questions.

FYI YFZ calipers will fit on stock hubs, I have never heard of the YFZ spindle and hub swap, not sure how that would work? Got a link about that, I'd be interested in seeing how that works.