Which is the fastest?

Gears & Crosses

My 10 mil is in mid build stages. Yet to be run...going bigger from a 4 mil to a 10 mil.

I run 300ft sand drags in Clarksville, MI. I'll be running a stock cut frame and alky, and I'm 245lbs...so by no means a lightweight. Build a similar bike, show me times slips, and I'll show you mine.

Here is what you said:

I raced a stock banshee and a raptor and i won on a stock banshee an raced him on a piped 400ex and beat him and hes a pretty good rider so you mustive been drunk or pretty dumb

I'd ask you to drive to MI to race, but...since you can barely read, write and/or use punctuation or spell, I think a map would be pointless for you.

Start with hooked on phonics...and gradually (that's a big word that means slowly) work your way up to drag racing for dummies.

I don't know it all, far from it. But, I stand by my previous statement. A box stock banshee is the slowest of the three bikes in question. Raptor, YFZ and Banshee. Again....where did this 400EX fit into the equation? Oh...just you babbling, again.

Stop wasting my time...

:yelrotflmao: That is some funny stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im just going to put my two cents in and say my 2001 banshee i had acouple years back was bone stock and i would get raped buy they guy on his ds all day long and he was a good 50/60 lbs hevyer then i was. but with my 2004 banshee bone stock i can stay right beside both raptor and ds and both bikes where piped. im not smoking anything i have freinds that will back me up and say that my 2004 is way better then my 2001 was. There fore im going to say all bike run differently and are faster then others straight from the factory. i will have to agree with dajogejr some people are smokein the pipe

I have a stock banshee I bought new in 2000, the only mod is a K&N filter and no airbox lid, The rest is bone stock, including the gearing. I am running 21-12-8 haulers and mohawks on it. Removed the heel guards and front bumper, thats it . I have raced it against all the new four strokes as they have come out and this is what I have found:

400ex or equivelent- not even a race

raptor660-easily beaten,even if theyre piped or whatever

raptor700efi-closer but can still pull it up the hill (my buddy has one with pipe and rev box-still walked it)

DS 650-easily beaten but faster than 660 raptor

yfz450- these are fast, raced 5 times same guy and got out run 4 out of the 5 times, these are the first 4strokes that run.

450r-have not been able to line up a stocker yet, my buddy has one with a big bore on it and 12.5 comp ratio, he outruns me handily, I would like to see a stock one cause the are supposedly slower than the yfz.

suzuki450- I have only seen 2 riding around so far out there and havent lined up with one.

I weigh 225, so I am not some skinny kid on it either.

These races were in sand up sand mtn in Utah.

The only wild card is what mods they have done, pipes, etc on a raptor are not a problem but I have seen some on nitrous that look stock but are pretty damn fast and I am not even in the race.

Awesome write up. Very interesting!!!!! Just to add to the a bove list. I have a 2003 Banshee and a 1986 TRX 250R with a Eddie Sanders 370R stroker. The TRX destoys my moderately modded Banshee and beats heavily modded Banshees by 3-4 bike lengths. All my races are on flat grassy, fields and trail type terrain. There are no dunes here in NY!! :smile:

Thanks,

Mike

Ok i had a bone stock 06 banshee, a bone stock 06 yfz450 and have a bone stock 07 Raptor 700SE.

1- Raptor 700SE

2- YFZ450

3- Banshee

Say what you want, but i had/have all 3 of them and race again my brother motocross and that's the way it ended.

I did race my old YFZ450 with my Raptor SE and took 4 or 5 bike on him.I'm a better driver them him but he is 50lbs lighter them me.

Bone stock a Banshee ain't fast at all, but it doesn't cost much to make it fast.

Ok i had a bone stock 06 banshee, a bone stock 06 yfz450 and have a bone stock 07 Raptor 700SE.

1- Raptor 700SE

2- YFZ450

3- Banshee

Say what you want, but i had/have all 3 of them and race again my brother motocross and that's the way it ended.

I did race my old YFZ450 with my Raptor SE and took 4 or 5 bike on him.I'm a better driver them him but he is 50lbs lighter them me.

Bone stock a Banshee ain't fast at all, but it doesn't cost much to make it fast.

I want your job...all those toys. Lucky bastard...LOL. :yelrotflmao:

I'd bet if you got a stock 660 raptor, that would move it behind the 450...stock of course. I've read/heard those new 700's are pretty impressive box stock, in comparison.

Your findings don't surprise me one bit...just what I'd have expected....

Awesome write up. Very interesting!!!!! Just to add to the a bove list. I have a 2003 Banshee and a 1986 TRX 250R with a Eddie Sanders 370R stroker. The TRX destoys my moderately modded Banshee and beats heavily modded Banshees by 3-4 bike lengths. All my races are on flat grassy, fields and trail type terrain. There are no dunes here in NY!! :smile:

Thanks,

Mike

You got any pics of that bike? Sounds sick, I want an R sooo bad. Do you just drag race or do you trail ride that beast too?

You got any pics of that bike? Sounds sick, I want an R sooo bad. Do you just drag race or do you trail ride that beast too?

I will be taking pics soon. I just put new plastics and handlebars on the R, it looks amazing! I am getting my Banshee back from getting the porting done on Saturday. I will take some pics of the Banshee and R and post them up for you guys to see.