youth atvs

mxturd

Im going to buy my kids a atv for Christmas, but I dont know what to get them,,They both have PW 80's right now,,My daughter is 11 and is super tall and timid, and my son is 8 , short and a daredevil,,I want to get an 80-90 cc quad but I want to get the best thing for them for right now and I can upgrade my daughter when she is too big,,,I have looked at all the various websites and so far it looks like the Polaris has the most suspension travel but I dont want to base it all off that,,,Any help you could give me would be super appreciated,,,Thanks

yea I saw Jeffs sons lt when I went and picked up my motor,,I dont know if we can calll it an 80 though,,The only thing about getting a Suzuki is that my daughter is so tall,,I want to get something that will be fun for both for right now then upgrade hers in a year or two

If you have a tall 11 yr old the the lt-80 will make her feel like a giant. The lt's make awsome power stock, however they are very narrow, and short. I bought my 10yr old son and 8yr old daughter an 06 pred. and they both love it, minus the fact that my son is starving for some more power. We have an lt-80, trx 90, and multiple polaris 90's in the family, and if I were to do it again I would either buy the new trx with electric start or the polaris.

As far a stock format, all of the mini quads are pretty close in performace, however the polaris has the best suspension. Plus there is a pretty good backing for aftermarket parts that really make them rip.

You just have to figure out if you are gonna leave it stock or mod the hell out of it like the rest of us on the HQ.

There was a guy on here recently struggling to find the advertised airbox upgrade function for his kid's raptor.

In searching the Internet it sounds like many people are at a loss to figure out that feature. You might be careful with that one or at least have the dealer show you the feature before buying.

Side note: Congrats on being a good dad! There are lots of things you could do besides spending time and money on your kids. I know it just looks so cool to see a whole family out enjoying themselves on a weekend. It really bothers environmental groups too. They want to paint our pasttime as anything but that.

-bill

Well it seems that the lt80 has seen its last days,,,now Suzuki is offering a LTR 90 4-stroke kids quad that looks like the LTR 450 I am really lost at what to get for them,,,I will probaly get the 90 since mt dealer has been pretty good to me,,,However the Polaris does look really good

LT-80 ALLLLLLL THE WAY! I cant say enough about how bulletproof these little things are. We got it in 91 for my younger sister and when our quads (me and my friends) would be down we would beat the ever living PISS out of it. It is unbelivable what we did to this quad. we rode 5 at a time on it jumped it (suspention sucks) did douhnuts rode it at WOT for minutes on end for years and years. We wrecked it just about anyway you can think flipped it downhills wrecked into trees bottomed out countless times and everything is straight as an arow. The most we ever did damage wise to the quad was blew out the electrical so we put a pull start in it and we blew out some tires. We cleaned the carb a few times but it still runs strong TO THIS DAY!!! No rebuilds. None and how we rode it its Truley amaing its still in one piece. Before I got my SHEE I at 300+lbs would ride it around the trails for an hour at a time to se my property. BULLETPROOF!!! No way is there a stronger running quad than the LT 80. NO WAY!

eton 90 all the way, My boys have both My 7 year old rides a tricked out 50 and my 12 year old ride the 90. My sons 50 with just a pipe, some clutch mods and a variator blows the doors off his brothers eton 90, Predator 90. I havent even put his airsal 70cc cylinder on yet :blink: Eton makes one of the most reliable kids quads, if not the MOST reliable quad on the market!!!!!!!!

100_1878.jpg

100_2983.jpg

100_2840.jpg

Im going to buy my kids a atv for Christmas, but I dont know what to get them,,They both have PW 80's right now,,My daughter is 11 and is super tall and timid, and my son is 8 , short and a daredevil,,I want to get an 80-90 cc quad but I want to get the best thing for them for right now and I can upgrade my daughter when she is too big,,,I have looked at all the various websites and so far it looks like the Polaris has the most suspension travel but I dont want to base it all off that,,,Any help you could give me would be super appreciated,,,Thanks

Don't know about the new Polaris 90 (4-stroke), but got a 2-stroke Polaris 90 for my nephew. It had both electronic limiter (easily removed) and set-screw throttle limiter. On tight trails, I could go faster on his 90 than on my Honda Recon (I only weight 140). I was impressed.

We picked the Polaris for suspension travel. (Motor doesn't make much difference if you have to stop for every bump. Especialy with a little one that is going to sit all the time and may get bounced or kicked by the seat.)

Don't know if it helps any,,,but I would buy the Polaris again.

We bought my sixteen year old a warrior and she loved it, and at the same time my youngest one was only nine and she rode it too. I had to turn the throttle screw down to not allow full throttle until she was ready. Now my little one is now twelve and she uses the warrior will full control, and does great. I thought it was a good idea to keep the bigger bike and let her use it than it was to go out and buy a smaller quad and then have to sell it and buy a bigger one. She also got used to the wieght and handling of the larger bike and knows how to ride really well now.

So I figured maybe you could jump up to the warrior with the throttle choked down and then upgrade it when they are ready. Just a thought :beer: