TM Designworks Magnetic Drain Plug

OK.

So earlier this summer when I put a new clutch in, I also instaled a TM Designworks Magnetic oil drain plug. My concern came when I changed my fluid for the first time, man that magnet works!

The thing was all furry with metal. Question is; is that good or bad? I mean its good that the magnet kept the stuff from running through my trans and clutch. But is it bad that there is stuff for it to catch? I put the new clutch in at the same time so I don't know if this is normal clutch brake in or something wrong. I've changed the oil a couple times since, and there was still fur on the mag, though not as much. And the bottom of my oil catch pan looks a little sparkely, is this unusual?

btw - I use Bel Ray SAE 80w Clutchsaver

:thanks:

I had the same thing; bought the mag plug after I had been running mine for a couple of years. Freaked me out with all the steel fuzz stuck to that magnet, but I figured that it was picking up all the crud that had always dropped into the cases before I could get the oil out. Just changed oil today after three hard days of duning, just the tiniest bit of fuzz geting on the mag now.

your clucth is always going to have this... its constantly be up and down shifted under pressure. the plate are moving hitting the basket gears touching... the fur is going to always be there.. but liek said above as long as there isnt any metal peices floating around your ok