New Here... Looking to Get a Banshee

Well I just registered like 10 minutes ago. I'm looking into getting into the quading game. I'm not new to the world of ATVs and dirt bikes, but I have never owned my own. I've just ridden friends' bikes or rented. I've ridden YZ125, TRX250, TRX400, and a CRF450, in the dunes and the dirt. I really like the feel of two-strokes so that's why I'm looking into a Banshee. If not, then something like a YFZ450.

In the past four years, my hobby has been cars, mostly late model V8 GM's, LS1s, LS2s, LS6s, and LS7s. I currently own a 99Z28 with a forged 427 with 560rwhp. It's a lot of fun, but not practical. Smogging the damn thing is a nightmare, so I'm looking into a new motor hobby that doesn't have any restrictions.

I don't know much about Banshee's, but how reliable are they? What are the advantages of Banshee's over other ATV's? Two-strokes over four-strokes? When I get it, I'd like to start modifying it right away, starting with exhaust and intake, then other stuff from there on. What mods do you guys reccomend for a Banshee? It will be primarily ridden in the dunes. Looking for good overall fun and performance, won't be competitvely raced.

Also, I'd like to know about maintaining a Banshee, as is what are the problem areas, etc... What are the differences between model years? I've noticed that Banshees have been made for several years, and they all look the same lol.

I'm sure there are some links that will answer my questions, but any help at all is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Well if you've never owned a Banshee, much less a four-wheeler, it's going to be difficult to start out on a banshee, one of the fastest around. By no means am I saying don't get a banshee first, as my first quad was a banshee, I'm just saying if you've never really ridden before it can be a little too much.

Your best bet to answer all of the questions is to use the search feature at the top of the forum. It saves you the time of asking all the questions.

All in all welcome to the HQ, I hope you enjoy the forums and quads as much as I do.

first off...WELCOME!!!

Got any pics of your car??? I'm also a Z-28 owner

The Banshee is the best quad ever so I'd go with that. Then once you do one mod...your gonna keep going...it's an addiction. You'll find out. Good luck!!! :beer:

Well, I agree, a Banshee might be a tall order for a first quad, but I would start with something fast so I'm not bored in the future. Frankly, the 400 was a little slow for my tastes after riding it for awhile. I have about 30 hours of quad riding, and 10 on dirt bike.

Yes, I know speed is an addiction, as I've found out with cars.

Here's a pic of my car...

485025_356_full.jpg

I'll be the one to say, start off with a banshee. You will most likely outgrow any other

quad. Why not start off with a beast. Banshees are simply awesome quads especially

when modded to hell and back. You say you like feel of a 2 stroke so you should feel

right at home on a banshee. They are just as reliable as any 4 stroke. At least mine has

been. And maintenance is just like any other piece of machinery. Keep fresh premix gas

in it, keep the air filter clean, chain lubed up and you will have countless hours of fun.

If you get a stock one, first thing on your "to change" list should be an aftermarket

air filter. And welcome to the BHQ.

:beer:

I'll be the one to say, start off with a banshee. You will most likely outgrow any other

quad. Why not start off with a beast. Banshees are simply awesome quads especially

when modded to hell and back. You say you like feel of a 2 stroke so you should feel

right at home on a banshee. They are just as reliable as any 4 stroke. At least mine has

been. And maintenance is just like any other piece of machinery. Keep fresh premix gas

in it, keep the air filter clean, chain lubed up and you will have countless hours of fun.

If you get a stock one, first thing on your "to change" list should be an aftermarket

air filter. And welcome to the BHQ.

:beer:

Thanks! You mentioned the chain, how bad is sand for the chain? I'd imagine that with a lubed chain, it will get loads of sand in it, or am I wrong?

Not to hijack but you guys with F-bodys do you post on any related forums? Im Dustin on LS1Tech.com I too am new to this forum and I am dying to get a banshee after riding my buddies.

Here's the car before the new black Z06's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2297450

Edited by PSYKO

Not to hijack but you guys with F-bodys do you post on any related forums? Im Dustin on LS1Tech.com I too am new to this forum and I am dying to get a banshee after riding my buddies.

Here's the car before the new black Z06's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2297450

LS1tech here too, and Norcal-LS1